From The Archives

    Message 1 of 87 , Jun 2, 2007
      Well its hot, and humid. I was in Johnstown, N.Y. last weekend and there is
      no sign that they are rebuilding the FJ&G right of way.

      And now its time for another edition of From The Archives.......PC
      Railroader magazine, July August 1975. On page 4 at the top of the page is a
      picture of FJG 153998 taken by Bob Reid, Editor of the magazine. The caption
      reads,"The Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville located off the Mohawk Division
      in Amerstdam New York in Amsterdam New York acquired 100 40' and 138 50' box
      cars from the Penn Central. Photo by editor - Joe Klapkowski

      I understand that if you use all caps in an email it is meant to either
      insult or MOTIVATE THE READER. So let me ask, "WHAT'S IN YOUR ARCHIVES?"

      Live Hotmail.
      Message 87 of 87 , Mar 24, 2009
        My kids said, "Dad are you going to have a fire tonight? It is spring! Yes but it will be cold tonight" I replied.

        And with that, while rummaging around the archives, I found a copy of PC RAILROADER July-August 1975. On page 4 there is a photo of FJG 153998 with the following caption, "The Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville located off the Mohawk Division in Amsterdam, New York acquired 100 40' and 138 50' box cars from Penn Central. photo by the editor - Joe Klapkowski

        I know the caption is inaccurate. I did not write it.  This was way before the days of the internet and common information. To have a by- line back then at the ripe old age of 15 was, well, pretty cool.

        Internet Explorer 8 – Now Available. Faster, safer, easier. Download FREE now!