Re: Fonda Station

  • Glenn J. Williams
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2 3:24 PM
      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Can someone tell me what material was used on the main part of the Fonda
      > station? It looks to me that it was smooth cut stone blocks, maybe some
      > local marble or limestone, hard to tell from the few photos I have here.
      >
      > Colors appear to be light grey with dark grey trim?
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Paul :-)

      Paul,

      Common brick. Main body colour was more toward a cream than grey. I would have to dig
      into my slides to verify it.

      Glenn
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2 4:31 PM
        Hi Glenn or anyone for that matter,

        Cream... any idea what the trim color was, I'm guessing it I thought
        light grey, my idea of dark grey being the trim color is probably off as
        well!

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2 9:05 PM
          Yes Glenn, that's my recollection too.  Color photo confirms a light yellow with what appears to be brown trim.  My thinking is the trim is actually maroo.

          PKL

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: gjwilliams@...
          Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 22:24:15 +0000
          Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Fonda Station

          --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@. ..> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > Can someone tell me what material was used on the main part of the Fonda
          > station? It looks to me that it was smooth cut stone blocks, maybe some
          > local marble or limestone, hard to tell from the few photos I have here.
          >
          > Colors appear to be light grey with dark grey trim?
          >
          > Any help would be appreciated.
          >
          > Paul :-)

          Paul,

          Common brick. Main body colour was more toward a cream than grey. I would have to dig
          into my slides to verify it.

          Glenn

          Change is good. See what's different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 3 3:31 AM
            Hi Paul and Glenn,

            That would make it pretty much the same colors as NYC's freight office
            was into the seventies.

            Thanks for the help,

            Paul :-)

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3 11:44 AM
              My photo is from the early fifties and the paint looks new.  The trim color will match better if there is an N on the end.  On the other hand - maybe that's what Wagner brown actually looks like.

              PKL

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              From: p.charlie@...
              Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 06:31:39 -0400
              Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Fonda Station

              Paul Larner wrote:
              > Yes Glenn, that's my recollection too. Color photo confirms a light
              > yellow with what appears to be brown trim. My thinking is the trim
              > is actually maroo.
              >
              > PKL
              >

              > To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. comFrom: gjwilliams@mac. comDate: Sat, 2
              > Jun 2007 22:24:15 +0000Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Fonda Station
              >

              > --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@. ..>
              > wrote:>> Hi All,> > Can someone tell me what material was used on the
              > main part of the Fonda > station? It looks to me that it was smooth
              > cut stone blocks, maybe some > local marble or limestone, hard to
              > tell from the few photos I have here.> > Colors appear to be light
              > grey with dark grey trim?> > Any help would be appreciated. > > Paul
              > :-)>Paul,Common brick. Main body colour was more toward a cream than
              > grey. I would have to dig into my slides to verify it.Glenn

              > With Windows Live Hotmail, you can personalize your inbox with your
              > favorite color.
              > www.windowslive- hotmail.com/ learnmore/ personalize. html?locale= en-us&ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ HMWL_reten_ addcolor_ 0607

              Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!