Fonda Station

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2007
      Hi All,

      Can someone tell me what material was used on the main part of the Fonda
      station? It looks to me that it was smooth cut stone blocks, maybe some
      local marble or limestone, hard to tell from the few photos I have here.

      Colors appear to be light grey with dark grey trim?

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Paul :-)
    • Glenn J. Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2007
        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Can someone tell me what material was used on the main part of the Fonda
        > station? It looks to me that it was smooth cut stone blocks, maybe some
        > local marble or limestone, hard to tell from the few photos I have here.
        >
        > Colors appear to be light grey with dark grey trim?
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Paul :-)

        Paul,

        Common brick. Main body colour was more toward a cream than grey. I would have to dig
        into my slides to verify it.

        Glenn
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2007
          Hi Glenn or anyone for that matter,

          Cream... any idea what the trim color was, I'm guessing it I thought
          light grey, my idea of dark grey being the trim color is probably off as
          well!

          Paul :-)

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2007
            Yes Glenn, that's my recollection too.  Color photo confirms a light yellow with what appears to be brown trim.  My thinking is the trim is actually maroo.

            PKL

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: gjwilliams@...
            Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 22:24:15 +0000
            Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Fonda Station

            --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@. ..> wrote:

            > Hi All,
            >
            > Can someone tell me what material was used on the main part of the Fonda
            > station? It looks to me that it was smooth cut stone blocks, maybe some
            > local marble or limestone, hard to tell from the few photos I have here.
            >
            > Colors appear to be light grey with dark grey trim?
            >
            > Any help would be appreciated.
            >
            > Paul :-)

            Paul,

            Common brick. Main body colour was more toward a cream than grey. I would have to dig
            into my slides to verify it.

            Glenn

            Change is good. See what's different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3, 2007
              Hi Paul and Glenn,

              That would make it pretty much the same colors as NYC's freight office
              was into the seventies.

              Thanks for the help,

              Paul :-)

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 3, 2007
                My photo is from the early fifties and the paint looks new.  The trim color will match better if there is an N on the end.  On the other hand - maybe that's what Wagner brown actually looks like.

                PKL

                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                From: p.charlie@...
                Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 06:31:39 -0400
                Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Fonda Station

                Paul Larner wrote:
                > Yes Glenn, that's my recollection too. Color photo confirms a light
                > yellow with what appears to be brown trim. My thinking is the trim
                > is actually maroo.
                >
                > PKL
                >

                > To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. comFrom: gjwilliams@mac. comDate: Sat, 2
                > Jun 2007 22:24:15 +0000Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Fonda Station
                >

                > --- In FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@. ..>
                > wrote:>> Hi All,> > Can someone tell me what material was used on the
                > main part of the Fonda > station? It looks to me that it was smooth
                > cut stone blocks, maybe some > local marble or limestone, hard to
                > tell from the few photos I have here.> > Colors appear to be light
                > grey with dark grey trim?> > Any help would be appreciated. > > Paul
                > :-)>Paul,Common brick. Main body colour was more toward a cream than
                > grey. I would have to dig into my slides to verify it.Glenn

                > With Windows Live Hotmail, you can personalize your inbox with your
                > favorite color.
                > www.windowslive- hotmail.com/ learnmore/ personalize. html?locale= en-us&ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ HMWL_reten_ addcolor_ 0607

                Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!