Brill Gas Car Model 55

    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2007
      Hi guys,

      The Brill gas cars are being released in HO scale soon. The G&J and
      FJ&G both had these and here is the info from a message on my trolley
      group...

      Thanks to Jason Cook

      Gino

      Ken and anyone else interested.

      Model Railroad Warehouse has a kit in the works for this type of car.
      It is a Brill Model 55. Last time I checked their website, I believe
      it said it was due out this summer. the Unadilla Valley, Fonda,
      Johnstown & Gloversville, and I believe one other 'local' road had
      them too but it's eluding me at the moment. On the Class 1 side of
      the house, I seem to recall that the NYC had them and the D&H is
      listed as having one but there is no record of it appearing on the D&H
      roster so it is speculated that it was actually the car pictured here,
      the G&J #10, as the G&J was a subsidiary of the D&H.

      For anyone interested in this car type, Railroad Model Craftsman has a
      nice article back in the April 1985 issue. Has drawings, color
      pictures, and a full roster.

      Jason Cook

      Ken <ken@...> wrote:

      You may download this image at: