Re: [FJGRailroad] Parkhurst Siding?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2007
      Keep in mind that the Electric Division passed right next to the mill,
      heading across the location of what is now the Arterial and along the back
      side of where Udderly Delicious and the old Holiday Twin theater used to
      be.

      Ira Barnes used to refer to it as the "hair mill." The pond around the
      east side of the mill he called Hair Mill Pond. When he was a kid, Ira
      said he would walk from his home on South Boulevard to Hair Mill Pond to go
      swimming every day in the summer. Ira referred to it as bare-a** swimming.
      He went on to inquire why I didn't go swimming there; and also wondered why
      I didn't know the electric division crossed over the pond on a trestle,
      wooden as I believe he described it. When I told him the trolleys stopped
      running in 1938 and that I wasn't born until 1979, he said, "well, that
      could be a problem."

      Ira would be glad to know we're still talking about this stuff...
      remembering things he enjoyed.