Post Card Website

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2007
      I looked at the Schenectady Cty. page and there is a card showing the ALCO administration building. Does that still exist? It would make a perfect museum, or restaurant/mixed use structure, or am I dreaming.
      Regards,
      Saul
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2007
        Funny you should mention that Saul.  There was news this past week that
        they want to demolish the remaining ALCO buildings and put up a riverfront
        something or another.  Apartments, stores and other things to revitalize
        Schenectady.

        I'm not sure which card your talking about, but basically everything east
        of Erie Blvd (and D&H) is gone.  There is still plenty remaining on the West Side,
        which may be what you're refering to...

        Gino

        --
        www.ginosrailpage.com
        www.fjgrr.org
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2007
          Saul,
          I'm pretty sure the building pictured on the card is
          gone but I'll try to take a run over at lunch later
          this week and take a look. As Gino mentioned, a
          developer is planning a $50 million renovation of the
          area to put in shops, restraurants, condos, and a
          marina. They said they intended to save some of the
          remaining historic buildings and try to maintain the
          character of the area with the new developement. One
          of the problems they're facing is the remaining
          pollution at thwe site.
          Jerry