RE: [FJGRailroad] From The Archives

    Message 1 of 87 , Jan 16, 2007
      Mark

      Then that poses another question.  Did 20 run itself over the Utica, or did CONRAIL bring
      her to Richfield Junction?  I know Paul mentioned something before that if CONRAIL pulled
      her, she could only do 35 MPH, right?

      Gino

      From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
      Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:40:30 -0600

      Not that this is proof, but here is the image I'm talking about.  It is of FJ&G 20 in Norwich.  The date
      is June of 84.  I think it was Tim Wakeman (Utica Branch Expert) or Doug Ellison who told me the S2s went to
      Jersey via the Utica Branch and that 20 was put to work.

      Gino

      Message 87 of 87 , Mar 24, 2009
        My kids said, "Dad are you going to have a fire tonight? It is spring! Yes but it will be cold tonight" I replied.

        And with that, while rummaging around the archives, I found a copy of PC RAILROADER July-August 1975. On page 4 there is a photo of FJG 153998 with the following caption, "The Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville located off the Mohawk Division in Amsterdam, New York acquired 100 40' and 138 50' box cars from Penn Central. photo by the editor - Joe Klapkowski

        I know the caption is inaccurate. I did not write it.  This was way before the days of the internet and common information. To have a by- line back then at the ripe old age of 15 was, well, pretty cool.

        Internet Explorer 8 – Now Available. Faster, safer, easier. Download FREE now!