Re: [FJGRailroad] Article about Schenectady

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2007
      The ladies who ran the elevators at Carls were great.  The same two ladies for as long
      as I could remember.  Whenever I smell the purfume that they wore, I instantly think
      of the Carls elevator.  "Goin' up, goin' up!"

      Gino

      On 1/12/07, Michael Christie <csxhudson@...> wrote:

      I sure do miss Two Guys, Big N and Barney's.  Not to mention Carls...those elevators were awesome!

      On 1/12/07, Gino's Railpage < fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
      1969 does seem to be the catalyst for the end of Schenectady.  I remember 1970 in Schenectady
      and all the great stores and things to do.  Within 2 years, all the great department stores in
      Downtown closed and it also seems to be the time that places like Glenville and Clifton Park
      started to get bigger.  Not only did Schenectady close down, it created the suburbs.

      Gino

      On 1/10/07, Saul Kalbfeld <fjgbus@... > wrote:

      Late Happy New Year Group,
      Here is an interesting article about Schenectady. Discuss.
      Saul

      --
      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org