Re: [FJGRailroad]

  • Gino DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
      It reminds me of George West's private shelter in Rock
      City Falls on the Ballston Terminal.

      Gino

      p.s. It's still sitting in her original location...

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
        Where in rock City falls is that shelter. I have ridden over RT 29 and never
        spotted it. Funny this is one of the few lines that has not had a book
        written about it.

        >From: Gino DiCarlo <thedicarlos@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad]
        >Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:24:43 -0800 (PST)
        >
        >It reminds me of George West's private shelter in Rock
        >City Falls on the Ballston Terminal.
        >
        >Gino
        >
        >p.s. It's still sitting in her original location...
        >

        >--- Aaron Keller <akeller1979@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Wow, this is the biggest concrete waiting shanty
        > > I've ever seen:
        > > http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=168919

        >http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Jason C
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
          --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>
          wrote:

          > Where in rock City falls is that shelter. I have
          > ridden over RT 29 and never
          > spotted it. Funny this is one of the few lines that
          > has not had a book
          > written about it.

          Joe,

          What line? The Ballston Terminal? There's an
          EXCELLENT book about it. Dave Nestle's last book.
          Copies are still available from his widow. I believe
          there's an add in the Swap Shop of the Bridge Line HS'
          Bulletin each month.

          Jason Cook
          New Haven, IN (formerly of Ballston Spa)

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
            I have
            Rails along the Battenkill
            Steam and Trolley Days
            The Leatherstocking Route
            A history of The Hudson Valley Railway

            What am I missing?

            >From: Jason C <dhc628@...>
            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad]
            >Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 20:05:57 -0800 (PST)
            >
            >--- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>
            >wrote:
            >
            > > Where in rock City falls is that shelter. I have
            > > ridden over RT 29 and never
            > > spotted it. Funny this is one of the few lines that
            > > has not had a book
            > > written about it.
            >
            >Joe,
            >
            >What line? The Ballston Terminal? There's an
            >EXCELLENT book about it. Dave Nestle's last book.
            >Copies are still available from his widow. I believe
            >there's an add in the Swap Shop of the Bridge Line HS'
            >Bulletin each month.
            >
            >Jason Cook
            >New Haven, IN (formerly of Ballston Spa)

            >http://mail.yahoo.com

            From photos to predictions, The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes has
            it all. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline1
          • Jason C
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
              wrote:

              > I have
              > Rails along the Battenkill
              > Steam and Trolley Days
              > The Leatherstocking Route
              > A history of The Hudson Valley Railway
              >
              > What am I missing?

              "Rails Along The Kaydeross" A History of the Little
              Railroad With Big Ideas.

              Contact Patricia M. Nestle

              311 Ray Road
              Greenwich, NY 12834

              518-692-2867

              Book is $25.00, NY residents add sales tax. Well
              worth the money in my opinion.

              Jason

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
                Joe,

                The shelter is in the woods.  You can see it with no problem now, when there's
                leaves a little bit tougher!  If you're heading west on 29, right after you pass the mill,
                you'll see the shelter in the brush.  Also, it's directly across the road from West's
                old house, which is now a bed and breakfast...

                Gino

                --
                www.ginosrailpage.com
                www.fjgrr.org