    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2007
      Wow, this is the biggest concrete waiting shanty I've ever seen:
      http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=168919
    • Gino DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
        It reminds me of George West's private shelter in Rock
        City Falls on the Ballston Terminal.

        Gino

        p.s. It's still sitting in her original location...

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
          Where in rock City falls is that shelter. I have ridden over RT 29 and never
          spotted it. Funny this is one of the few lines that has not had a book
          written about it.

          >From: Gino DiCarlo <thedicarlos@...>
          >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad]
          >Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:24:43 -0800 (PST)
          >
          >It reminds me of George West's private shelter in Rock
          >City Falls on the Ballston Terminal.
          >
          >Gino
          >
          >p.s. It's still sitting in her original location...
          >

          >--- Aaron Keller <akeller1979@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Wow, this is the biggest concrete waiting shanty
          > > I've ever seen:
          > > http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=168919

          >http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Jason C
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
            --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>
            wrote:

            > Where in rock City falls is that shelter. I have
            > ridden over RT 29 and never
            > spotted it. Funny this is one of the few lines that
            > has not had a book
            > written about it.

            Joe,

            What line? The Ballston Terminal? There's an
            EXCELLENT book about it. Dave Nestle's last book.
            Copies are still available from his widow. I believe
            there's an add in the Swap Shop of the Bridge Line HS'
            Bulletin each month.

            Jason Cook
            New Haven, IN (formerly of Ballston Spa)

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
              I have
              Rails along the Battenkill
              Steam and Trolley Days
              The Leatherstocking Route
              A history of The Hudson Valley Railway

              What am I missing?

              >From: Jason C <dhc628@...>
              >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad]
              >Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 20:05:57 -0800 (PST)
              >
              >--- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>
              >wrote:
              >
              > > Where in rock City falls is that shelter. I have
              > > ridden over RT 29 and never
              > > spotted it. Funny this is one of the few lines that
              > > has not had a book
              > > written about it.
              >
              >Joe,
              >
              >What line? The Ballston Terminal? There's an
              >EXCELLENT book about it. Dave Nestle's last book.
              >Copies are still available from his widow. I believe
              >there's an add in the Swap Shop of the Bridge Line HS'
              >Bulletin each month.
              >
              >Jason Cook
              >New Haven, IN (formerly of Ballston Spa)

              >http://mail.yahoo.com

              From photos to predictions, The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes has
              it all. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline1
            • Jason C
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
                wrote:

                > I have
                > Rails along the Battenkill
                > Steam and Trolley Days
                > The Leatherstocking Route
                > A history of The Hudson Valley Railway
                >
                > What am I missing?

                "Rails Along The Kaydeross" A History of the Little
                Railroad With Big Ideas.

                Contact Patricia M. Nestle

                311 Ray Road
                Greenwich, NY 12834

                518-692-2867

                Book is $25.00, NY residents add sales tax. Well
                worth the money in my opinion.

                Jason

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
                  Joe,

                  The shelter is in the woods.  You can see it with no problem now, when there's
                  leaves a little bit tougher!  If you're heading west on 29, right after you pass the mill,
                  you'll see the shelter in the brush.  Also, it's directly across the road from West's
                  old house, which is now a bed and breakfast...

                  Gino

                  --
                  www.ginosrailpage.com
                  www.fjgrr.org