Re: [FJGRailroad] Fuel

    Message 1 of 3 , May 5 12:00 AM
      During the early DO years the engines were fueled in Fonda right by the
      engine house. I have seen pictures of Agway coming over with a truck of
      diesel in Fonda.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 5 1:54 AM
        I thought a truck may have come over to fill the engines up!

        Message 3 of 3 , May 5 2:17 PM
          They were fueled in the paint shop on the southerly of the three tracks. I
          can't recall if the tank was buried or standing outside the shop in the nook
          formed by the paint shop addition, toward the freight house.

          Again I'm talking FJ&G, someone in town during the DO exploita... oops,
          operation of the FJ&G would need to fill that in. Such a practice wouldn't
          stand the scrutiny of the safety groups today. I recall them being fueled
          cold on Monday mornings.

          PKL