Adk & St. L.

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2006
      The so-called "Adirondack" may be a reference to what was really the
      "Adirondac Company's Railroad" which became the D&H North Creek branch.
      Who knows. In the old days that was known as the "Adirondack Railroad" in
      some spheres because it was the ONLY railroad into the heart of the
      Adirondacks. The North Creek line was built a decade or two earlier than
      the NYC line through Old Forge, etc.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2006
        Wasn't there also a short line in Northern New York called the "Adirondack
        & St. Lawrence?" I think they had some steam engines. The line may have
        serviced some mines...

        Gino

        --
        www.ginosrailpage.com