RE: [HudsonRiverRailLines] From The Archives

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2006
      I agree that some folks are just plain dumb and not paying attention. I have
      on one occassion boarded the wrong train, primarily one that is not stopping
      at Harmon when I think it is. Now I am a seasoned commutter and this is a
      pretty basic mistake but every one in a while it happens.

      So let me relate a quick story about a man I am rather fond of, who
      inexplicably, boarded the wrong train one night on the way home. This man
      too was a seasoned commutter. The phone rang and my Mom called me to answer
      it. "Yes I know roughly where the Bronxville Station is. Yes I will head out
      right now and pick you up. But Dad how did you get on the wrong train?"

      Well needless to say I went down and picked up my Dad.

      How did he get on the wrong train? Well back in the 70's the railroad pretty
      regularly put the same train on the same track out of GCT every night. Pop
      was late and ran onto the train that was waiting where his train was every
      night. This time the wrong train. Even great minds slip up..............

      age, and price. Try it!