Re: [FJGRailroad] Rumors

  • Mark Wilber
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
      Like I said the sources came from very high in the rankings of our company. Its nothing for sure,but looking into a possibilty. There were saying that there is a plastic company there now.Mark

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
        Gino- This subject was being talked about but I thought it was garbage talk. When I talk to a very high source,I was told they were looking in as a possibility,not definite. Im just passing what I heard.

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
          Alright, now you've got me daydreaming!

          Gino

          --- Mark Wilber <mwilber2001@...> wrote:

          > Gino- This subject was being talked about but I
          > thought it was garbage talk. When I talk to a very
          > high source,I was told they were looking in as a
          > possibility,not definite. Im just passing what I
          > heard.

          $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
          www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
            Oh I do not doubt anything at all. But it would have to have significant
            revenue potential for it to become a reality. I do not think anyone is going
            to spend a nickle for ten cars a week. Please do not take my little joke
            personally. I do not know what came over me......

            Now I remember standing in the gauge at Smoke Rise and advising my friend
            Bob that there was no way that anyone was ever going to run a train over
            that track again...................

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
              This is from Paul.  He wrote me off-group, so I'm forwarding it now...

              Running a rail line up to the Johnstown industrial park is really not a big
              stretch.  Million dollars a mile is peanuts for a large corporation if they
              intend to build a plant and "stay" there.  Wallamrt might consider
              cooperation if there were some real interest to rebuild from another
              company.  They could surely find a use for rail.  (They probably already use
              rail via container of f the ships to Selkirk or Syracuse then by hiway.) Of
              course all businesses today want the federal government to put up the money
              - but the Republicans are now out of favor - no more corporate handouts - I
              would hope.

              It's the high bridge that will kill the interest.  Replacing that is a big
              deal.  I would be very surprised it could handle a 143 ton car, the new load
              standard four four axles.  Bridge 1 at Fonda would need work too but that is
              negligible compared to bridge 2.

              Paul

              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                Joe- When I heard about this talk,I said there is no way that it can be done. Few people said to me,"you saw what we did from Butler to westward.Im very optimistic on this like everyone else.Mark

                Oh I do not doubt anything at all. But it would have to have significant
                revenue potential for it to become a reality. I do not think anyone is going
                to spend a nickle for ten cars a week. Please do not take my little joke
                personally. I do not know what came over me......

                Now I remember standing in the gauge at Smoke Rise and advising my friend
                Bob that there was no way that anyone was ever going to run a train over
                that track again....... ......... ...

                >From: Mark Wilber <mwilber2001@ yahoo.com>
                >To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Rumors
                >Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:49:05 -0800 (PST)
                >
                >Like I said the
                sources came from very high in the rankings of our company.
                >Its nothing for sure,but looking into a possibilty. There were saying that
                >there is a plastic company there now.Mark

                http://clk.atdmt. com/MSN/go/ msnnkwme00200000 01msn/direct/ 01/?href= http://get. live.com/ messenger/ overview

              • Mark Wilber
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                  In my view I dont see it happening. In the past Ive heard projects that might happen,but probably be lucky if I saw 90% being true. Mark

                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                    I think Paul hit it on the nose about the Republicans being out. With Spitzer coming in, I dont think he would even think about
                    giving us any more money.Mark

                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                      You're right about that Mark!

                      Gino

                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                        You have all heard about the bellhop that got fired for spreading roomers.

                        Mal

                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                          Am I being accused of spreading rumors? Mark
                        • Mark Wilber
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006

                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                              I don't think so Mark!  I think you're just telling us what you've heard and that's
                              got me saying an extra prayer at night!  I've always thought I'd see another
                              engine cross the High-Bridge and I'm thinking it could happen!  If you hear
                              anything else, you let us know.  Even if you think someone is full of poop,
                              just tell us that someone full of poop told you they're rebuilding the FJ&G!!!!

                              Gino