Re: [FJGRailroad] Odd Thoughts

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 15, 2006
      I don't recall that I ever thought of East Fulton Street that way but it was
      West Fulton Street and South Main Street and South Kingsboro Ave. The
      mailman comment was because the numbers started at the Four Corners in each
      direction and at E. Fulton for the two Kingsboros mentioned. I carried
      papers to N. Kingsboro Ave but can't recall if the numbers started at East
      State Street (another one). Also East Boulevard and North Boulevard were a
      continuation of the same thoroughfare; and the numbered Avenues from Eighth
      to Twelfth were east and west. Seems to have been more common than I had
      thought - but then why would I? I never aspired to be a mailman. Any
      others one of us can think of?

      PKL

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 15, 2006
        You know, I guess I never realized that the addresses were different for those parts of
        South and North Main.  Perry Street in Johnstown was the same way?  Like I said,
        when we talked about going to a business on Main Street, we just said it's on Main
        Street, not South or North.  Kids not in the know I guess!

        Gino

        <fjgrailroad@ gmail.com>

        href="mailto:FJGRailroad%40yahoogroups.com">FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com <FJGRailroad% 40yahoogroups. com>
        >> >Subject: Re: