Re: [FJGRailroad] Rumors

  • Charles Vosburgh
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
      Just had lunch with Bronson Moore, Supt, of Fulton Co. highways,  at the Rainbow Rest., they  are under new management by the way,  and asked him if he had heard of this posibility.  He wasn't aware of any plans but heard of some new companies looking into the park.  Charlie
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
        Like I said the sources came from very high in the rankings of our company. Its nothing for sure,but looking into a possibilty. There were saying that there is a plastic company there now.Mark

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
          Gino- This subject was being talked about but I thought it was garbage talk. When I talk to a very high source,I was told they were looking in as a possibility,not definite. Im just passing what I heard.

          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
            Alright, now you've got me daydreaming!

            Gino

            --- Mark Wilber <mwilber2001@...> wrote:

            > Gino- This subject was being talked about but I
            > thought it was garbage talk. When I talk to a very
            > high source,I was told they were looking in as a
            > possibility,not definite. Im just passing what I
            > heard.

            $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
            www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
              Oh I do not doubt anything at all. But it would have to have significant
              revenue potential for it to become a reality. I do not think anyone is going
              to spend a nickle for ten cars a week. Please do not take my little joke
              personally. I do not know what came over me......

              Now I remember standing in the gauge at Smoke Rise and advising my friend
              Bob that there was no way that anyone was ever going to run a train over
              that track again...................

              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 15, 2006
                This is from Paul.  He wrote me off-group, so I'm forwarding it now...

                Running a rail line up to the Johnstown industrial park is really not a big
                stretch.  Million dollars a mile is peanuts for a large corporation if they
                intend to build a plant and "stay" there.  Wallamrt might consider
                cooperation if there were some real interest to rebuild from another
                company.  They could surely find a use for rail.  (They probably already use
                rail via container of f the ships to Selkirk or Syracuse then by hiway.) Of
                course all businesses today want the federal government to put up the money
                - but the Republicans are now out of favor - no more corporate handouts - I
                would hope.

                It's the high bridge that will kill the interest.  Replacing that is a big
                deal.  I would be very surprised it could handle a 143 ton car, the new load
                standard four four axles.  Bridge 1 at Fonda would need work too but that is
                negligible compared to bridge 2.

                Paul

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                  Joe- When I heard about this talk,I said there is no way that it can be done. Few people said to me,"you saw what we did from Butler to westward.Im very optimistic on this like everyone else.Mark

                  Oh I do not doubt anything at all. But it would have to have significant
                  revenue potential for it to become a reality. I do not think anyone is going
                  to spend a nickle for ten cars a week. Please do not take my little joke
                  personally. I do not know what came over me......

                  Now I remember standing in the gauge at Smoke Rise and advising my friend
                  Bob that there was no way that anyone was ever going to run a train over
                  that track again....... ......... ...

                  >From: Mark Wilber <mwilber2001@ yahoo.com>
                  >To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                  >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Rumors
                  >Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:49:05 -0800 (PST)
                  >
                  >Like I said the
                  sources came from very high in the rankings of our company.
                  >Its nothing for sure,but looking into a possibilty. There were saying that
                  >there is a plastic company there now.Mark

                  http://clk.atdmt. com/MSN/go/ msnnkwme00200000 01msn/direct/ 01/?href= http://get. live.com/ messenger/ overview

                • Mark Wilber
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                    In my view I dont see it happening. In the past Ive heard projects that might happen,but probably be lucky if I saw 90% being true. Mark

                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                      I think Paul hit it on the nose about the Republicans being out. With Spitzer coming in, I dont think he would even think about
                      giving us any more money.Mark

                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                        You're right about that Mark!

                        Gino

                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                          You have all heard about the bellhop that got fired for spreading roomers.

                          Mal

                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                            Am I being accused of spreading rumors? Mark
                          • Mark Wilber
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006

                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 16, 2006
                                I don't think so Mark!  I think you're just telling us what you've heard and that's
                                got me saying an extra prayer at night!  I've always thought I'd see another
                                engine cross the High-Bridge and I'm thinking it could happen!  If you hear
                                anything else, you let us know.  Even if you think someone is full of poop,
                                just tell us that someone full of poop told you they're rebuilding the FJ&G!!!!

                                Gino