Rebuilding the RR

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 15, 2006
      The other problems with such a construction project would include washouts
      in the area just north of High Bridge; and also the $1 million/mile
      pricetag just to re-lay the track.

      While we've got you here, Mark, what's the status of the NYS&W Utica
      branch? Are we ever going to see service between Sherburne and Chenango
      Forks again?

      -Aaron
    • Mark Wilber
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 15, 2006
        Aaron-That is something that we are in the dark with.I think it depends on what will happen to the power line they want to run thru.Our Utica side frieght is being dropped off in Utica by the CSX.Mark

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 15, 2006
          Mark,

          Are you bringing Utica's freight up through Syracuse
          then CSX is bringing it to Utica? Then do you guys
          deliver around Utica?

          Gino
          --- Mark Wilber <mwilber2001@...> wrote:

          > Aaron-That is something that we are in the dark
          > with.I think it depends on what will happen to the
          > power line they want to run thru.Our Utica side
          > frieght is being dropped off in Utica by the
          > CSX.Mark

          Sponsored Link

          Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
          $510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
          www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
        • Mark Wilber
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 15, 2006
            Gino-We are bringing it to Syracuse and interchanging it with CSX,then they sooner or later drop it off in Utica. We have a local job (UT-1) in Utica that does the work.Mark

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 15, 2006
              Is the Utica branch cut-off by a washout so that you can't make the
              trip from Bingo? Is the route from Bingo to Syracuse then over to
              Utica the only way there?

              Gino

              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wilber <mwilber2001@...>
              wrote:

              > Gino-We are bringing it to Syracuse and interchanging it with
              CSX,then they sooner or later drop it off in Utica. We have a local
              job (UT-1) in Utica that does the work.Mark

            • Mark Wilber
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 16, 2006
                Gino-There are several washouts between Bing and Norwich.From Norwich north to Utica is ok.There isnt anyone in Norwich gets frieght,and Sherburne there is only couple of customers,but their car count is very low.There was a rumor about the Mohawk & Adirondack taking over from Utica to Sangerfield.But we,ve been hearing everything.Yes,the only way to get cars on our Utica line is in Utica by the CSX.This power line deal will probably determine what will happen to it. Mark

                wrote:

                > Gino-We are bringing it to Syracuse and interchanging it with
                CSX,then they sooner or later drop it off in Utica. We have a local
                job (UT-1) in Utica that does the work.Mark

              • Gino DiCarlo
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 16, 2006
                  Thanks Mark!

                  Gino

                  --- Mark Wilber <mwilber2001@...> wrote:

                  > Gino-There are several washouts between Bing and
                  > Norwich.From Norwich north to Utica is ok.There isnt
                  > anyone in Norwich gets frieght,and Sherburne there
                  > is only couple of customers,but their car count is
                  > very low.There was a rumor about the Mohawk &
                  > Adirondack taking over from Utica to Sangerfield.But
                  > we,ve been hearing everything.Yes,the only way to
                  > get cars on our Utica line is in Utica by the
                  > CSX.This power line deal will probably determine
                  > what will happen to it. Mark

                  The all-new Yahoo! Mail beta
                  Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.
                  http://new.mail.yahoo.com