Re: [FJGRailroad] Odd Thoughts

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 14, 2006
      You'd make a hell of a mailman in Gloversville.

      PKL

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 15, 2006
        You grew up in Gloversville too Paul, did you say South Main, or just Main
        Street?  I'm sure you'd say SOUTH main!

        Gino

        --
        www.ginosrailpage.com
        www.fjgrr.org
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 15, 2006
          I don't recall that I ever thought of East Fulton Street that way but it was
          West Fulton Street and South Main Street and South Kingsboro Ave. The
          mailman comment was because the numbers started at the Four Corners in each
          direction and at E. Fulton for the two Kingsboros mentioned. I carried
          papers to N. Kingsboro Ave but can't recall if the numbers started at East
          State Street (another one). Also East Boulevard and North Boulevard were a
          continuation of the same thoroughfare; and the numbered Avenues from Eighth
          to Twelfth were east and west. Seems to have been more common than I had
          thought - but then why would I? I never aspired to be a mailman. Any
          others one of us can think of?

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 15, 2006
            You know, I guess I never realized that the addresses were different for those parts of
            South and North Main.  Perry Street in Johnstown was the same way?  Like I said,
            when we talked about going to a business on Main Street, we just said it's on Main
            Street, not South or North.  Kids not in the know I guess!

            Gino

            <fjgrailroad@ gmail.com>
            >To:
            FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com