Re: [FJGRailroad] More Odd thoughts

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2006
      I've got some pictures of the signal boxes, I will post them...

      Gino

      On 11/13/06, Malcolm Horton <mdhorton@... > wrote:

      As the trolleys from Schenectady approached White Sulphur Springs Junction (where the double trackage ended, the Fonda branch joined and the single trackage thru Johnstown began) the cars stopped and the motorman opened his window and reached out to throw a signal switch lever hanging from a wooden box on a telephone pole. There were signal lights on this pole. This probably signaled someone entering Johnstown from the north that he would meet someone coming in the opposite direction if he proceeded. I do not recall ever seeing any signal lights at the north end of Johnstown where the double trackage between Johnstown and Gloversville ended.

      Does anyone know where and how the northern signals were located?

      Malcolm Horton

      --
      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org