Re: [FJGRailroad] D&H Caboose

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2006
      Hi Saul,

      Gloor Craft is the craftsman kit you refer to, found it in 1995
      Walther's catalog. I thought I seen a resin kit out not too long ago
      made by Westerfield or someone, guess I was hallucinating!

      Paul :-)

      Saul Kalbfeld wrote:
      > Group, This information might already exist in the archives, but here
      > it is again. The brass importer Nickel Plate Products released a
      > brass model of the D&H wood caboose 20 to 25 years ago in both the
      > end and center cupola versions. I have the center version since this
      > was the type that the FJ&G operated. I believe that either Ambroid or
      > Northeastern scale models also had a "craftsman" kit for this
      > caboose. No idea what the brass model would sell for today from a
      > brass dealer, but I'm sure they are available.
      >
      > Go Tigers! Saul
    • Gino DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 22, 2006
        Steve Lamora has an excellent model of Caboose Number 3. I don't know
        what kit it is, but it is wood. Not sure if I have a picture of it.
        If Steve is listening, maybe he can tell us about it...

        Gino

        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Saul,
        >
        > Gloor Craft is the craftsman kit you refer to, found it in 1995
        > Walther's catalog. I thought I seen a resin kit out not too long
        ago
        > made by Westerfield or someone, guess I was hallucinating!
        >
        > Paul :-)

      • stevefjg30
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 27, 2006
          Hello Everybody

          The Kit is an old Gloorcraft model that I bought at a trainshow I
          think I still have another one down stairs.I dont think I ever had
          any photos of it taken before the layout came down but I can take
          some soon on the new layout if you would like.

          Steve Lamora

          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino DiCarlo" <fjgrailroad@...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2006
            Hi Steve,

            You caboose model did appear in your magazine article if I remember
            correctly. With a set of D^H drawings might just make an interesting
            board-by-board project!

            Paul :-)

            ...time out: 1412