D&H Caboose

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 16, 2006
      Group,
      This information might already exist in the archives, but here it is again. The brass importer Nickel Plate Products released a brass model of the D&H wood caboose 20 to 25 years ago in both the end and center cupola versions. I have the center version since this was the type that the FJ&G operated. I believe that either Ambroid or Northeastern scale models also had a "craftsman" kit for this caboose. No idea what the brass model would sell for today from a brass dealer, but I'm sure they are available.

      Go Tigers!
      Saul
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 17, 2006
        Hi Saul,

        Gloor Craft is the craftsman kit you refer to, found it in 1995
        Walther's catalog. I thought I seen a resin kit out not too long ago
        made by Westerfield or someone, guess I was hallucinating!

        Paul :-)

        Saul Kalbfeld wrote:
        > Group, This information might already exist in the archives, but here
        > it is again. The brass importer Nickel Plate Products released a
        > brass model of the D&H wood caboose 20 to 25 years ago in both the
        > end and center cupola versions. I have the center version since this
        > was the type that the FJ&G operated. I believe that either Ambroid or
        > Northeastern scale models also had a "craftsman" kit for this
        > caboose. No idea what the brass model would sell for today from a
        > brass dealer, but I'm sure they are available.
        >
        > Go Tigers! Saul
      • Gino DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 22, 2006
          Steve Lamora has an excellent model of Caboose Number 3. I don't know
          what kit it is, but it is wood. Not sure if I have a picture of it.
          If Steve is listening, maybe he can tell us about it...

          Gino

          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Saul,
          >
          > Gloor Craft is the craftsman kit you refer to, found it in 1995
          > Walther's catalog. I thought I seen a resin kit out not too long
          ago
          > made by Westerfield or someone, guess I was hallucinating!
          >
          > Paul :-)

        • stevefjg30
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 27, 2006
            Hello Everybody

            The Kit is an old Gloorcraft model that I bought at a trainshow I
            think I still have another one down stairs.I dont think I ever had
            any photos of it taken before the layout came down but I can take
            some soon on the new layout if you would like.

            Steve Lamora

            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino DiCarlo" <fjgrailroad@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 28, 2006
              Hi Steve,

              You caboose model did appear in your magazine article if I remember
              correctly. With a set of D^H drawings might just make an interesting
              board-by-board project!

              Paul :-)

              ...time out: 1412