Re: [FJGRailroad] Caboose 3

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
      Hi Aaron,

      Thanks, that helped a lot. Red Ball has just finished the early design
      work for an HO kit of D&H 35909 and this appears to be from the same
      series FJ&G was originally from.

      Paul :-)

      Aaron Keller wrote:
      > Paul, D&H 35707 would have been a wooden caboose... but it did not have the
      > outside bracing.
      >
      > FJ&G 3 would have been more like these:
      > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35909akg.jpg
      > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35909bkg.jpg
      > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Raymond-Dumas/35789-01.jpg
      > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Raymond-Dumas/35789-02.jpg
      > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Ted-Slavinski/35790-01.jpg
      > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35830at.jpg
      >
      > Note the angular metal strips on the side --- that's how the 3 looked.
      >
      > -Aaron
    • Gino DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 22, 2006
        Yes, the photo of the blue Delaware Otsego Caboose was the former
        Number 3.

        Gino

        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Aaron,
        >
        > There was a listing on the Bridge Line web site for:
        >
        > D&H 35707 Cooperstown Jct, NY, Leatherstocking Railway Museum, NRHS
        >
        > Not sure if this was the same caboose or not but they also have two
        > steel cabeese listed for this same museum. There was no listing
        for any
        > D&H caboose being sold to the FJ&G but there was information on
        other
        > cabeese going to other places.
        >
        > Gino (I think or, or maybe it was you) posted a shot of an ex-D&H
        center
        > cupola caboose as LASB 305 in fresh blue paint about a month or
        three
        > ago, not sure if this was FJ&G 3 or another D&H caboose.
        >
        > Paul :-)
        >
        > Aaron Keller wrote:
        > > The D&H number was written on the frame underneath the caboose.
        I had the

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 3, 2007
          Hello,

          Charles Woolever wrote a few weeks ago asking about Caboose 3 for
          modeling purposes. I just remembered that Steve Lamora has a killer
          model of number 3. Lettering for the old FJG, not the DO. Steve, do
          you have some info for Charles?

          www.ginosrailpage.com
          www.fjgrr.org