Re: [FJGRailroad] Caboose 3

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
      Hi Aaron,

      There was a listing on the Bridge Line web site for:

      D&H 35707 Cooperstown Jct, NY, Leatherstocking Railway Museum, NRHS

      Not sure if this was the same caboose or not but they also have two
      steel cabeese listed for this same museum. There was no listing for any
      D&H caboose being sold to the FJ&G but there was information on other
      cabeese going to other places.

      Gino (I think or, or maybe it was you) posted a shot of an ex-D&H center
      cupola caboose as LASB 305 in fresh blue paint about a month or three
      ago, not sure if this was FJ&G 3 or another D&H caboose.

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
          Hi Aaron,

          Thanks, that helped a lot. Red Ball has just finished the early design
          work for an HO kit of D&H 35909 and this appears to be from the same
          series FJ&G was originally from.

          Paul :-)

          Aaron Keller wrote:
          > Paul, D&H 35707 would have been a wooden caboose... but it did not have the
          > outside bracing.
          >
          > FJ&G 3 would have been more like these:
          > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35909akg.jpg
          > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35909bkg.jpg
          > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Raymond-Dumas/35789-01.jpg
          > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Raymond-Dumas/35789-02.jpg
          > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Ted-Slavinski/35790-01.jpg
          > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35830at.jpg
          >
          > Note the angular metal strips on the side --- that's how the 3 looked.
          >
          > -Aaron
        • Gino DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 22, 2006
            Yes, the photo of the blue Delaware Otsego Caboose was the former
            Number 3.

            Gino

            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 3 7:17 PM
              Hello,

              Charles Woolever wrote a few weeks ago asking about Caboose 3 for
              modeling purposes. I just remembered that Steve Lamora has a killer
              model of number 3. Lettering for the old FJG, not the DO. Steve, do
              you have some info for Charles?

              www.ginosrailpage.com
              www.fjgrr.org