Caboose 3

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 15, 2006
      Hi All,

      Does anyone know what the D&H number for FJ&G caboose 3 would have been?
      I've found an article for D&H cabeese from 1972 that shows two center
      cupola cabeese, making me wonder what series the FJ&G caboose was from.

      Also, can anyone remember an HO kit from the '80s of this caboose? Maybe
      I'm hallucinating but I was sure someone had a resin or plastic kit out
      back then for D&H cabeese.

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
        The D&H number was written on the frame underneath the caboose. I had the
        chance to write it down but don't think I did.

        Anybody know where it went after it left Marshall Machinery in the late 90s
        or early 2000s?

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
          Hi Aaron,

          There was a listing on the Bridge Line web site for:

          D&H 35707 Cooperstown Jct, NY, Leatherstocking Railway Museum, NRHS

          Not sure if this was the same caboose or not but they also have two
          steel cabeese listed for this same museum. There was no listing for any
          D&H caboose being sold to the FJ&G but there was information on other
          cabeese going to other places.

          Gino (I think or, or maybe it was you) posted a shot of an ex-D&H center
          cupola caboose as LASB 305 in fresh blue paint about a month or three
          ago, not sure if this was FJ&G 3 or another D&H caboose.

          Paul :-)

          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 16, 2006
              Hi Aaron,

              Thanks, that helped a lot. Red Ball has just finished the early design
              work for an HO kit of D&H 35909 and this appears to be from the same
              series FJ&G was originally from.

              Paul :-)

              Aaron Keller wrote:
              > Paul, D&H 35707 would have been a wooden caboose... but it did not have the
              > outside bracing.
              >
              > FJ&G 3 would have been more like these:
              > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35909akg.jpg
              > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35909bkg.jpg
              > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Raymond-Dumas/35789-01.jpg
              > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Raymond-Dumas/35789-02.jpg
              > http://www.trainweb.org/dhvm/images/dhrr_caboose/Ted-Slavinski/35790-01.jpg
              > http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/dh/dh35830at.jpg
              >
              > Note the angular metal strips on the side --- that's how the 3 looked.
              >
              > -Aaron
            • Gino DiCarlo
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 22, 2006
                Yes, the photo of the blue Delaware Otsego Caboose was the former
                Number 3.

                Gino

                --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>

                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 3, 2007
                  Hello,

                  Charles Woolever wrote a few weeks ago asking about Caboose 3 for
                  modeling purposes. I just remembered that Steve Lamora has a killer
                  model of number 3. Lettering for the old FJG, not the DO. Steve, do
                  you have some info for Charles?

                  www.ginosrailpage.com
                  www.fjgrr.org