Re: [FJGRailroad] Feeding Steam

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 12, 2006
      I have a photo which shows two hoppers of coal on the far west track near
      the coach shed in Gloversville... and you can barely see the conveyor.
      This is a relatively popular photo taken during the 1949(?) fan trip.

      I have another photo which shows No. 8 next to what appears to be a coal
      Paul Larner --- maybe you know the picture. Behind the locomotive is a
      pile of coal at least as high as the top of No. 8's boiler; and at least as
      long as the locomotive. Sticking out of the coal is a series of what
      appears to be wooden trusses holding a metal track, attached to which is
      some sort of bucket. Is this in fact a Gloversville picture?
      (Unfortuately I don't have a scanner here).

      I also have a photo of No. 9 approaching Kingsboro Avenue. There is a coal
      conveyor facing the tracks near the coal tubes. Not sure why this was
      here.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 12, 2006
        Hi Paul and Aaron,

        Thanks for a great explanation. While drawing the original layout I
        seen hundreds of photos but as I was drawing a diesel layout it just
        never occurred to me that there was nothing in the background for
        servicing steam... well maybe there was... I'll have to have a look
        again now that I have an idea what to look for.

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 12, 2006
          Yes. I wrote a reply this morning (twice again) but haven't seen it here
          yet. When it hits the site I expect it will provoke more questions.

          PKL

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 12, 2006
            Hi Paul,

            Your reply did show up on the list at 12:28 this afternoon. I replied
            to it and Aaron's reply at 4:31.

            My mail and news group messages have been acting strange in the past
            couple of days, maybe there is a larger problem out there if you are
            having problems too.

            Paul :-)

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 12, 2006
              Nope haven't seen it yet. It could be my server doesn't work friendly with
              Yahoo all the time; I have another site that seems to lose threads of a
              message series. If that answer earlier didn't cover your questions, tell me
              what you need.

              PKL