Most Eventful Night!!!

    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 14, 2006
      Wow, I knew that anytime your wife is pregnant, anything could
      happen, but this is too much!

      I was rousted by wife last night at 1 am. She said it was time and
      WAKE UP! I quickly called a friend to watch out sons who were long
      asleep and we proceeded to head south a 1:20. Here's the deal. He
      live in Saratoga Springs, but wife's doctor is a resident at St.
      Peter's hospital 40 miles away. Our last two births were very close.
      Just about registering and then my wife giving birth. No long labor
      here.

      That all changed this morning. Even doing 85 down the Northway at
      1:30am and making it to Albany in 15 minutes, my wife's contractions
      at 2 minutes apart could only mean one thing. That baby was coming
      now!!!!

      Mile Marker 1.5 will always be special to us. That's where a NYS
      State Trooper and myself delivered out 8 pound baby girl. The funny
      thing is that I worked all day Sunday and my co-workers told me to
      name my baby after the Trooper that was gonna help me. Who knew this
      would come true!

      Well, we didn't name the baby after the nice (female) trooper, but she
      was very excited and even paid a visit to us at the hospital. She
      took pictures of the first baby she ever delivered...

      It's time for me to get some sleep after being awake since yesterday
      morning at 6 (save for a couple hours here and there) and mother and
      baby Gianna Kathryn DiCarlo are all doing well!

      Now you can say you know someone who's delivered their baby on the
      side of the road. Oh, it was 1:54 am on Monday August the 14th...

      Gino
      (Totally Exhausted)

      --
      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org
      Message 2 of 29 , Aug 14, 2006
        Congratulations Gino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm glad everything turned out ok :-)

        -Mike

        On 8/14/06, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
[...]

        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        http://www.lostlandmarks.org
        http://ny.existingstations.com/
        Yahoo! Groups Links

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • wilbercp4@aol.com
        Message 3 of 29 , Aug 14, 2006
          Congradulations!!!!!! Story like that should be in the Times Union. Of course you could always call her Trooper as a nickname growing up. I guess now that I should make it to the gathering to get my cigar. Mark
        • SheilaDanylak@aol.com
          Message 4 of 29 , Aug 15, 2006
            Congratulations , Congratulations, Congratulations !   When your rested ;  what did you name he or she and what was  the length and weight of your new bundle of joy
                                      Blessings galore ,
                                      Phil, Sheila , Brooke and Raina Danylak
          • Glenn J. Williams
            Message 5 of 29 , Aug 15, 2006
              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

              > Wow, I knew that anytime your wife is pregnant, anything could
              > happen, but this is too much!

              Gino,

              Wow! What a way to welcome Gianna into the family.

              I'm glad to hear that mother and baby are doing well and that father and Trooper are
              expected to survive. . .

              Seriously, congratulations and best wishes from us all.

              Glenn

              Penacook, NH
              Message 6 of 29 , Aug 15, 2006
                Congratulations Gino!

                If you ever want to give up the printing business you can always start a
                second career as a mid-wife... or would that be a mid-wifo! Best wishes
                for Mom and Gianna!

                Paul :-)

                Gino's Railpage wrote:
                > Wow, I knew that anytime your wife is pregnant, anything could
                > happen, but this is too much!
                >
                > I was rousted by wife last night at 1 am. She said it was time and
                > WAKE UP! I quickly called a friend to watch out sons who were long
                > asleep and we proceeded to head south a 1:20. Here's the deal. He
                > live in Saratoga Springs, but wife's doctor is a resident at St.
                > Peter's hospital 40 miles away. Our last two births were very close.
                > Just about registering and then my wife giving birth. No long labor
                > here.
                >
                > That all changed this morning. Even doing 85 down the Northway at
                > 1:30am and making it to Albany in 15 minutes, my wife's contractions
                > at 2 minutes apart could only mean one thing. That baby was coming
                > now!!!!
                >
                > Mile Marker 1.5 will always be special to us. That's where a NYS
                > State Trooper and myself delivered out 8 pound baby girl. The funny
                > thing is that I worked all day Sunday and my co-workers told me to
                > name my baby after the Trooper that was gonna help me. Who knew this
                > would come true!
                >
                > Well, we didn't name the baby after the nice (female) trooper, but she
                > was very excited and even paid a visit to us at the hospital. She
                > took pictures of the first baby she ever delivered...
                >
                > It's time for me to get some sleep after being awake since yesterday
                > morning at 6 (save for a couple hours here and there) and mother and
                > baby Gianna Kathryn DiCarlo are all doing well!
                >
                > Now you can say you know someone who's delivered their baby on the
                > side of the road. Oh, it was 1:54 am on Monday August the 14th...
                >
                > Gino
                > (Totally Exhausted)

              • Gerald Snyder
                Message 7 of 29 , Aug 15, 2006
                  Gino,
                  Congratulations from down Amsterdam way. All the best
                  to everyone!
                  Jerry, Kathy, and Mike

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Tim Germain
                  Message 8 of 29 , Aug 15, 2006
                    Congratulations, Gino. We've never had that much fun. Most all of our
                    6 children made us wait quite a while before they made their entrance.

                    Tim
                  • Richard Finn
                    Message 9 of 29 , Aug 15, 2006
                      Gino,

                      Wow, what a special experience!  There is nothing like a new child, but it has to be very special to have the role that you played.

                      We are happy that all are doing well.  Congratulations and best wishes to all of you.

                      Sandy and Dick Finn

                        Message 11 of 29 , Aug 15, 2006
                          Gino-I just learn a trick that you could of done by watching the movie Talledega Nights.They had a woman ready to give birth in a car, so the husband went traveling down the road at 100mph,than slammed his brakes on, guess what; instant delivery.I was thinking of you in that part of the movie- Mark
                          Message 12 of 29 , Aug 16, 2006
                            Maybe it was my 85 MPHs and the quick stop I made at the I-90 interchange!
                            It WAS all my fault!

                            Gino

                            Message 13 of 29 , Aug 17, 2006
                              So, now that you're the big radio star on WGY with
                              them telling your story on the news, can we get a
                              discount on autographs?
                              Jerry

                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 29 , Aug 17, 2006
                                My God Jerry,

                                We just had 6, 10 13, 23 and CapitalNews9 at the house.  Also, the Saratogian was
                                taking pictures.  A whirlwind afternoon.  I guess the Troopers released a statement
                                about the incident and that's all it took.  They said there will be video on http://www.fox23.com
                                later tonight...

                                Gino

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Aug 17, 2006
                                    Gino-Dont be surprised that some gifts may come your way from establishments.Keep giving the interviews! Mark
                                  • wilbercp4@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Aug 18, 2006
                                      Gino- A television star !  I saw you all the way down here in Cooperstown on channel 6 news!Mark
                                    • Richard Finn
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Aug 18, 2006
                                        Opps, missed it.  Any replays?

                                        Dick

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Aug 18, 2006
                                            Wow, I'm being seen in Cooperstown!!!  I've made the big time at last!!!!

                                            As soon as Little Falls calls, I'll know I've really arrived!!!

                                            Seriously, I didn't know Channel 6 made it down to Cooperstown!

                                            Do they carry it on their cable Mark?  Cool!!!

                                            Gino

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Aug 18, 2006
                                                If the wind is right and the stars properly aligned, I can pick up
                                                Channel 6 here off our antenna.

                                                Paul ... in the Great White North :-)

                                                Gino's Railpage wrote:
                                                > Wow, I'm being seen in Cooperstown!!! I've made the big time at last!!!!
                                                >
                                                > As soon as Little Falls calls, I'll know I've really arrived!!!
                                                >
                                                > Seriously, I didn't know Channel 6 made it down to Cooperstown!
                                                >
                                                > Do they carry it on their cable Mark? Cool!!!
                                                >
                                                > Gino
                                              • Robert Schoneman
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Aug 19, 2006
                                                  ....and they say in pregnancy, women do all the work. Who's your agent Gino? Saw the article out of Albany on the web.

                                                  Next, Gino will be asking for royalties...

                                                  Methinks the NYS troopers ought to get cigars, at least. And the purple pet they gave you as well- remember, it's your DAUGHTERS; timeshare Gino, timeshare.

                                                  Part of being a good parent is early bonding skills. So, stop in over at your favorite hobby shop or on the web, ASAP and see how she likes the colors blue and grey. HO scale, maybe?
                                                  Heck, paint the baby's room with a yellow lightning bolt.

                                                  My personal preference is a Hiawatha Indian logo, but...

                                                  and they wonder why I'm still single.

                                                  Congratulations to your wife for doing all the real hard work.

                                                  ( wondering if she will get 15 mins of fame in all of this )

                                                  Bob Schoneman
                                                  Appleton, WI
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Aug 19, 2006
                                                    Gino,

                                                    Since there is no CBS affiliate in the Utica DMA, part of Otsego County
                                                    pulls WRGB, while the southern half pulls WBNG out of Binghamton. Herkimer
                                                    County gets WRGB off-air but gets WTVH out of Syracuse on cable. Oneida
                                                    County gets WTVH off-air and on cable.

                                                    -Aaron
                                                  • wilbercp4@aol.com
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Aug 19, 2006
                                                      Gino-Channel 6 WRGB has been on cable in Cooperstown since cable came out. We use to get channel10 and channel13, years ago,but they are gone now. Mark
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Aug 19, 2006
                                                        Aaron,

                                                        My mother in law saw the story in the Syracuse POST STANDARD.  Wow, I
                                                        was suprised by that!

                                                        Gino

                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Aug 19, 2006
                                                          Im waiting for a motion picture to come out.Mark
                                                        • Dave Brennan
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Aug 20, 2006
                                                                 Gino,
                                                               It is nice that you got "them" to spend some time on good news for a change.
                                                            Good job all around.

                                                            On 8/19/06, Aaron Keller < akeller1979@ sbcglobal. net> wrote:
                                                            Gino,

                                                            Since there is no CBS affiliate in the Utica DMA, part of Otsego County
                                                            pulls WRGB, while the southern half pulls WBNG out of Binghamton. Herkimer
                                                            County gets WRGB off-air but gets WTVH out of Syracuse on cable. Oneida
                                                            County gets WTVH off-air and on cable.

                                                            www.ginosrailpage. com
                                                            www.fjgrr.org

                                                          • Gino DiCarlo
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Aug 21, 2006
                                                              You said it Dave, a nice story for a change! Of
                                                              course I'm glad it had a happy ending!

                                                              Gino

                                                              http://mail.yahoo.com