RE: [FJGRailroad] No Fonda Fair Booth

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13 6:29 PM
      I hope Charlie didn't lose all the Fonda newspaper files stored on the floor
      in there. I don't think these files had been copied by the newspaper
      project.

      PKL

      >From: "handyman756" <handyman756@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [FJGRailroad] No Fonda Fair Booth
      >Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:03:45 -0000
      >
      >FYI,
      >Just wanted to let everyone know that there will not be a FJ&G booth at
      >the Fonda Fair this year. As I had done it last year they called me
      >last week and advised that the Heritage building where the booth was
      >located had sustained too much flood damage to be repaired and cleaned
      >up in time for this year's fair.
      >Jerry

    • Gerald Snyder
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14 6:51 AM
        I was told that there were newspaper files of the
        Fonda Democrat stored in one of the fair buildings
        (may have been Heritage) that were destroyed. All of
        the buildings had between 5 and 8 feet of water in
        them. Anything left in the Heritage building was
        definitely under a lot of water for a while.
        Jerry

        --- paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:

        > I hope Charlie didn't lose all the Fonda newspaper
        > files stored on the floor
        > in there. I don't think these files had been copied
        > by the newspaper
        > project.
        >
        > PKL
        >

        > >From: "handyman756" <handyman756@...>
        > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] No Fonda Fair Booth
        > >Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:03:45 -0000
        > >
        > >FYI,
        > >Just wanted to let everyone know that there will
        > not be a FJ&G booth at
        > >the Fonda Fair this year. As I had done it last
        > year they called me
        > >last week and advised that the Heritage building
        > where the booth was
        > >located had sustained too much flood damage to be
        > repaired and cleaned
        > >up in time for this year's fair.
        > >Jerry

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Glenn J. Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14 7:57 AM
          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...> wrote:

          > I was told that there were newspaper files of the
          > Fonda Democrat stored in one of the fair buildings
          > (may have been Heritage) that were destroyed. All of
          > the buildings had between 5 and 8 feet of water in
          > them. Anything left in the Heritage building was
          > definitely under a lot of water for a while.
          > Jerry

          From what I read in the Amsterdam paper on-line, Jerry is correct. 'Twas a soggy mess
          they found.

          Glenn
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14 12:32 PM
            That's a shame because he and I talked about those many years ago when I was
            in the middle of my research. They were not the "old" files, I believe
            those have all been copied, but these were maybe late twenties, thirties and
            later. Nevertheless a valuable loss of history.

            Paul