No Fonda Fair Booth

  • handyman756
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2006
      FYI,
      Just wanted to let everyone know that there will not be a FJ&G booth at
      the Fonda Fair this year. As I had done it last year they called me
      last week and advised that the Heritage building where the booth was
      located had sustained too much flood damage to be repaired and cleaned
      up in time for this year's fair.
      Jerry
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2006
        I hope Charlie didn't lose all the Fonda newspaper files stored on the floor
        in there. I don't think these files had been copied by the newspaper
        project.

        PKL

        >From: "handyman756" <handyman756@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] No Fonda Fair Booth
        >Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:03:45 -0000
        >
        >FYI,
        >Just wanted to let everyone know that there will not be a FJ&G booth at
        >the Fonda Fair this year. As I had done it last year they called me
        >last week and advised that the Heritage building where the booth was
        >located had sustained too much flood damage to be repaired and cleaned
        >up in time for this year's fair.
        >Jerry

      • Gerald Snyder
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
          I was told that there were newspaper files of the
          Fonda Democrat stored in one of the fair buildings
          (may have been Heritage) that were destroyed. All of
          the buildings had between 5 and 8 feet of water in
          them. Anything left in the Heritage building was
          definitely under a lot of water for a while.
          Jerry

          --- paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:

          > I hope Charlie didn't lose all the Fonda newspaper
          > files stored on the floor
          > in there. I don't think these files had been copied
          > by the newspaper
          > project.
          >
          > PKL
          >

          > >From: "handyman756" <handyman756@...>
          > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] No Fonda Fair Booth
          > >Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:03:45 -0000
          > >
          > >FYI,
          > >Just wanted to let everyone know that there will
          > not be a FJ&G booth at
          > >the Fonda Fair this year. As I had done it last
          > year they called me
          > >last week and advised that the Heritage building
          > where the booth was
          > >located had sustained too much flood damage to be
          > repaired and cleaned
          > >up in time for this year's fair.
          > >Jerry

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Glenn J. Williams
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Snyder <handyman756@...> wrote:

            > I was told that there were newspaper files of the
            > Fonda Democrat stored in one of the fair buildings
            > (may have been Heritage) that were destroyed. All of
            > the buildings had between 5 and 8 feet of water in
            > them. Anything left in the Heritage building was
            > definitely under a lot of water for a while.
            > Jerry

            From what I read in the Amsterdam paper on-line, Jerry is correct. 'Twas a soggy mess
            they found.

            Glenn
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
              That's a shame because he and I talked about those many years ago when I was
              in the middle of my research. They were not the "old" files, I believe
              those have all been copied, but these were maybe late twenties, thirties and
              later. Nevertheless a valuable loss of history.

              Paul