New Member

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 30 9:02 AM
      I see by our membership count that we have a new member. Welcome and
      please feel free to introduce yourself. If you are interested in the
      life and times of the Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville Railroad,
      you've
      come to the right place.
      Saul
    • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2000
        New Member Hi guys!

        We've got a new member who sent me a message directly so I'm
        going to forward it to the list.  He's a younger fellow but it's great
        to see some interest in our favorite little railroad.  Here's his
        message...

        Hey,
        I'm John! I'm a tad younger than you guys being fourteen but i love
        trains and i like the pictures and things i have of the FJG.
        About that skateboard park, they're probably not going to use it very
        much longer anyway because the kids think it's not any good and they
        might build another one in J'town. Alright i've said my peice bye!

        John  Christman

      • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 1, 2000
          Re: [FJGRailroad] New Member I should add to my message that it is great to get such a younger
          member.  I put a "but" in my last message and it didn't seem right!
          I'm very glad that there are younger people interested in the FJG.
          We need them to preserve the history much longer than some of us
          can!

          Gino

          Hi guys!

          We've got a new member who sent me a message directly so I'm
          going to forward it to the list.  He's a younger fellow but it's great
          to see some interest in our favorite little railroad.  Here's his
          message...

          Hey,
          I'm John! I'm a tad younger than you guys being fourteen but i love
          trains and i like the pictures and things i have of the FJG.
          About that skateboard park, they're probably not going to use it very
          much longer anyway because the kids think it's not any good and they
          might build another one in J'town. Alright i've said my peice bye!

          John  Christman

          Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
          http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 1, 2000
            Hey Gino,

            Who you callin' old!!!

            Welcome John, I'm the Canuck, so you wont hear from me much, unless....

            Paul :-)

            Gino And Kelly DiCarlo wrote:

            > I should add to my message that it is great to get such a younger
            > member. I put a "but" in my last message and it didn't seem right!
            > I'm very glad that there are younger people interested in the FJG.
            > We need them to preserve the history much longer than some of us
            > can!
            >
            > Gino
            >

            > Hi guys!
            >
            > We've got a new member who sent me a message directly so I'm
            >
            > going to forward it to the list. He's a younger fellow but
            > it's great
            > to see some interest in our favorite little railroad.
            > Here's his
            > message...
            >
            > Hey,
            > I'm John! I'm a tad younger than you guys being fourteen but
            > i love
            > trains and i like the pictures and things i have of the FJG.
            >
            > About that skateboard park, they're probably not going to
            > use it very
            > much longer anyway because the kids think it's not any good
            > and they
            > might build another one in J'town. Alright i've said my
            > peice bye!
            >
            > John Christman

            > [Image]

            [Image]

            > [Image]
          • Randy & Lorraine Decker
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 1, 2000
              New Member
              Hello  John!!   it is certainly good to here from another member of the younger crowd.   You guy's will have easy access to new and endless sources of information and I hope we can document as much as possible for the generations that will come after you as well.  This area has recently lost a great historian, but he always said all the work that is done now is for the youth they are the historians of the future.   Don't worry we aren't going to make you do research, but if you have any questions about this RR or others? please ask. Gino has set up a great site, and there are some of the most knowledgeable people on Railroad trivia you will ever talk to here.    Randy

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 1, 2000
                Hey Randy,
                Could you tell me what the name of that historian is? My father told
                me that i got a few pictures from an FJG historian and i was
                wondering if this was the same person. He said that he used to own a
                hardware store on Main St. Johnstown By the Rainbow Restaurant.

                John
              • John Christman
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 1, 2000
                  Randy,

                  Last year when i was in seventh grade we went on a field trip with my
                  class,your father was the historian in the courthouse. I enjoyed
                  hearing him talk and i'm very sorry to hear that he has passed on.

                  John
                • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 2, 2000
                    Where did I say we were old Paul? I'm not by any standard but
                    14 years old was so long ago!!!

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 2, 2000
                      I'm very glad that there are younger people interested in the FJG.

                      Paul :-)

                      Gino And Kelly DiCarlo wrote:

                      > Where did I say we were old Paul? I'm not by any standard but
                      > 14 years old was so long ago!!!
                      >
                      > > From: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
                      > > Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 16:06:08 -0400
                      > > To: FJGRailroad@egroups.com
                      > > Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] New Member
                      > >
                      > > Hey Gino,
                      > >
                      > > Who you callin' old!!!
                      > >
                      > > Welcome John, I'm the Canuck, so you wont hear from me much, unless....
                      > >
                      > > Paul :-)
                      > >
                      > > Gino And Kelly DiCarlo wrote:
                      > >
                      > >> I should add to my message that it is great to get such a younger
                      > >> member. I put a "but" in my last message and it didn't seem right!
                      > >> I'm very glad that there are younger people interested in the FJG.
                      > >> We need them to preserve the history much longer than some of us
                      > >> can!
                      > >>
                      > >> Gino
                      > >>

                      > >> Hi guys!
                      > >>
                      > >> We've got a new member who sent me a message directly so I'm
                      > >>
                      > >> going to forward it to the list. He's a younger fellow but
                      > >> it's great
                      > >> to see some interest in our favorite little railroad.
                      > >> Here's his
                      > >> message...
                      > >>
                      > >> Hey,
                      > >> I'm John! I'm a tad younger than you guys being fourteen but
                      > >> i love
                      > >> trains and i like the pictures and things i have of the FJG.
                      > >>
                      > >> About that skateboard park, they're probably not going to
                      > >> use it very
                      > >> much longer anyway because the kids think it's not any good
                      > >> and they
                      > >> might build another one in J'town. Alright i've said my
                      > >> peice bye!
                      > >>
                      > >> John Christman
                      > >>
                      > >> -------------------------------------------------------------
                      > >>
                      > >> -------------------------------------------------------------
                      > >>
                      > >> Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
                      > >> http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

                      > >> [Image]
                      > >
                      > > [Image]
                      > >
                      > >> [Image]
                      > >> Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
                      > >> http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

                      > > Click here for savings: beMANY!
                      > >
                      > > Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
                      > > http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

                      > Bids starting at $7 for thousands of products - uBid.com

                    • Joshua K. Blay
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 25, 2004
                        Hi, my name is Joshua Blay and I just signed up with the list. I grew up, and
                        still live along, the Syracuse branch of DO's NYSW. On a regular basis
                        throughout college and graduate school I volunteered on the CACV. Don't know
                        too much about the FJ&G but I look forward to reading the posts.

                        Thanks Gino!

                        --
                        Joshua
                        http://www.joshuakblay.com
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 25, 2004
                          Hey Josh, finally join! Welcome. Anyone who doesnt know Josh,he's got
                          some great pictures on his web page of the NYSW. I knew that Gino could
                          talk you into joining. Mark
                        • Joshua K. Blay
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 25, 2004
                            Oh shoot, you're here Mark? j/k of course. Gino didn't talk me into it, I
                            joined on my own accord.

                            --
                            Joshua
                            http://www.joshuakblay.com

                            Quoting mwilber@...:

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 25, 2004
                              I had no idea you were interested in the FJ&G Josh..............

                              >From: "Joshua K. Blay" <joshua@...>
                              >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] New Member
                              >Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:34:20 -0500
                              >
                              >Oh shoot, you're here Mark? j/k of course. Gino didn't talk me into it, I
                              >joined on my own accord.
                              >
                              >--
                              >Joshua
                              >http://www.joshuakblay.com
                              >

                              >Quoting mwilber@...:
                              >

                              > > Hey Josh, finally join! Welcome. Anyone who doesnt know Josh,he's got
                              > >
                              > > some great pictures on his web page of the NYSW.� I knew that Gino could
                              > >
                              > > talk you into joining. Mark
                              > >

                              > > ����
                              > >

                              > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                              > >
                              > > http://www.ginosrailpage.com
                              > >
                              > > Visit The Greater Capital District Railfan Assocation at
                              > > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
                              > >
                              > > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                              > >
                              > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                              > >
                              > > Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at
                              >http://naphotos.nerail.org/
                              > >

                              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              > > �
                              > > �

                            • Dick Ryall
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 25, 2004
                                Honda?????????????

                                "Joshua K. Blay" wrote:

                                > Oh shoot, you're here Mark? j/k of course. Gino didn't talk me into it, I
                                > joined on my own accord.
                                >
                                > --
                                > Joshua
                                > http://www.joshuakblay.com
                                >
                                > Quoting mwilber@...:
                                >

                                > > Hey Josh, finally join! Welcome. Anyone who doesnt know Josh,he's got
                                > >
                                > > some great pictures on his web page of the NYSW. I knew that Gino could
                                > >
                                > > talk you into joining. Mark

                                > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                > >
                                > > http://www.ginosrailpage.com
                                > >
                                > > Visit The Greater Capital District Railfan Assocation at
                                > > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
                                > >
                                > > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                                > >
                                > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                > >
                                > > Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/
                                > >

                                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                > http://www.ginosrailpage.com
                                > Visit The Greater Capital District Railfan Assocation at http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
                                > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                                > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                > Visit The NERAIL North American Photo Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/
                                >

                                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                              • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 26, 2004
                                  Hey Josh, welcome aboard the FJ&G!!! You know something about her
                                  from working with Walter Rich! That's more than enough!

                                  Gino

                                  On Jan 25, 2004, at 6:30 PM, Joshua K. Blay wrote:

                                  > Hi, my name is Joshua Blay and I just signed up with the list. I grew
                                  > up, and
                                  > still live along, the Syracuse branch of DO's NYSW. On a regular basis
                                  > throughout college and graduate school I volunteered on the CACV.
                                  > Don't know
                                  > too much about the FJ&G but I look forward to reading the posts.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks Gino!
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > Joshua
                                  > http://www.joshuakblay.com
                                • oleroadslug
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Feb 15, 2004
                                    Hello. I am a new member on this list. Currently live in Green Bay
                                    Packer country, but a transplant from the heart of FJ&G RR country
                                    north- Northville/Town of Northampton. Thirty years our family had
                                    property there.

                                    I have met Mr. DiCarlo electronically by happenstance and proceeded
                                    to overfloweth his mailbox with midwestern and D&H trains.
                                    ( Hi Gino !)

                                    I'll behave here, and see I have a lot to learn, and something to
                                    contribute. A couple of notes. Parents purchased NYS property in 1965
                                    or so. I was a real young tyke. However, I do remember seeing
                                    Gloversville and Johnstown operations, and warehouses along 30-30A
                                    area. I remember the Alco's, but not ironically the RS units of D&O.
                                    I remember the green PC boxcars, ironically, many of the St. Lawrence
                                    car come through my hometown here daily from the Escanaba and Lake
                                    Superior RR. I still have many friends their in Northville and
                                    Gloversville, and will always call it a second home.

                                    I know of the structures in the Northville area ( what little is
                                    left ) and caught many a walleye along and near the ROW by what was
                                    the (famous yet replaced blue bridge).

                                    I'll hunt up some FJ&G as well as Sacandaga area photos. I hope they
                                    won't be too redundant.

                                    Sad to hear about,condolences to family and friends of Mr. Hart. I
                                    have his book, signed and did meet him once.

                                    Regards,

                                    Bob Schoneman
                                    Appleton, WI
                                  • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Feb 17, 2004
                                      Hi Bob, welcome to the group!!!

                                      Gino

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Apr 27 6:49 AM
                                        Hi guys,

                                        I've been notified from Yahoo that out favorite Canadian is back on board.
                                        The one and only
                                        Paul Charland is back in the house! Welcome back Paul!

                                        Gino
                                        Group Moderator

                                        Gino DiCarlo
                                        Imaging

                                        Quad/Imaging
                                        A Division of Quad/Graphics

                                        Saratoga Springs, New York

                                        518-581-4276 phone
                                        gino.dicarlo@...
                                        www.QG.com
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Sep 12, 2006
                                          Just a quick note....

                                          We have a new member. Here is his application the the group....

                                          "I bought the former NYC freight house in Nelliston and I am researching
                                          local rr history.

                                          Tim Phalon"

                                          Welcome Tim! Good luck with the freight house!

                                          Gino DiCarlo
                                          Group Moderator

                                          --
                                          www.ginosrailpage.com