RE: [FJGRailroad] Great Flood

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2006
      While the FJ&G was often bothered by high water from excessive rain or ice
      jams these two were the most significant I was able to find.

      Attached are the reports.

      PKL

      >From: "Saul Kalbfeld" <fjgbus@...>
      >To: <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Great Flood
      >Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:43:49 -0400
      >
      >How much of the FJ&G railtrail was flooded and is there anything in the
      >line's history about the line being shut down by floods. Also please post
      >some pictures if even for a short while. What are the alternative routes to
      >CSX in the Mohawk Valley. Used to be many, but not anymore.
      >Saul
      >PS: They didn't call it the Water Level Route for nothing.
    • Charles Vosburgh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006
        If it wern't for bad luck.... The St. Marks church in Canajoharie had a fire this morning.  It's the one next to the thruway.  No word on amount of damage.  Charlie