2006 Flood, 1910 Flood

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2006
      Hi guys,

      I've posted some flood pictures to the Photo Page on Yahoo Groups.
      Four are from the current disaster and then there are 2 from a flood
      in 1910.

      The 2006 pictures were taken by Dan Thomas and the 1910 photos are
      courtesy of The Fulton County Historical Society and Mal Horton.

      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org
    • Gerald Snyder
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
        Morning,
        Added three more 2006 flood pictures. Kathy works in
        the County Annex Building on Park Street. 9:50 AM
        Wednesday they ordered everyone out as the water was
        rising quickly. Two of the photos show the view at
        10:00 AM. The last picture from the Recorder shows
        the scene in mid-afternoon. Note the water level on
        the stop sign between 10:00 AM and then. Water
        eventually completely flooded the Annex Building
        basement and got 18" above the entrance level,
        stopping about 10" below the main first floor. That
        would have put it about 5 feet up the building above
        ground level there. The DPW building sits lower and
        got hit worse.
        Jerry

        http://mail.yahoo.com