Books on the FJG

  • Dan Sapochetti
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2006
      Thanks,everyone for giving me some background info on the FJG.Any good
      books on the RR?
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2006
        Are there any good books? Dave Nestle is probably there authority on
        the FJ&G
        And wrote a book "Steam & Trolley Days On The FJ&G." It's from the
        50's, but
        It is on Ebay quite a bit. Last week I think! You will also find it at
        Alibis and Bookfinders.com! There is also "Trolleys Down The Mohawk
        Valley"
        Which William Gordon reprinted on his own without Dave's permission.
        This
        Also is on Ebay frequently. Look them up!

        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2006
          Dan,

          Are you the guy asking me about the Skaneateles Short Line? If so, write
          Me off line!

          fjgrailroad@...

          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2006
            Steam and Trolley Days is often offered on eBay, in fact there's one there
            tonight. It's the bible right now. Takes you up to the late fifties. If
            that one isn't good enough there'll be another soon. They are offered
            regularly and go reasonable. The Bill Gordon book Trolleys down the Mohawk
            is a reprint of this first book with a few more pictures and a history of
            the Schenectady Railway as well. The last time that one was offered it
            didn't get a bid. Those TDTM books tend to fall apart because of the way
            they were bound.

            I do a search of "Transportation - Railroadiana" using search word "Fonda"
            to find things related to the FJ&G on eBay.

            Someone here can fill you in on the history after the fifties. A couple of
            us worked for the road in different eras; the archives of this group have
            much discussion of various facets of the history.

            PKL