Caboose Number 3

    Message 1 of 13 , May 9, 2006
      Caboose Number 3

      Hi guys,

      I picked up a slide a month ago of a Delaware Otsego Caboose.  It's painted blue and yellow and has LASB marks.
      I posted the scan to the Delaware Otsego Yahoo group, but it was a mystery to all.  Aaron Keller has rejoined the
      Fold and has told me that it is none other than FJG 3.  It seems it was painted this color for its trip to Honesdale.
      I have posted the picture to the photo section of this Yahoo Group.  Go check her out…

      Gino

      Gino DiCarlo
      Imaging

      Quad/Imaging
      A Division of Quad/Graphics

      Saratoga Springs, New York
      518-581-4276 phone
      gino.dicarlo@...
      www.QG.com

      Message 2 of 13 , May 9, 2006
        Hi folks,

        Yes, I have re-emerged on this list. How's everybody been? I'm pretty
        sure the image Gino is talking about is #3. When I saw it in Honesdale in
        the late 90's, I was perplexed by a coat of blue paint as I chipped away on
        a corner of the paint. I assumed it might have been a primer color but
        apparently it really was blue.

        The layers of paint on FJ&G #3 were as follows, in order of oldest to
        newest:
        D&H Red
        FJ&G Orange
        FJ&G Silver (painted silver before leaving Gloversville)
        DO Blue
        Red (its final color while on display in Honesdale)

        Aaron Keller
        Now of Green Bay, WI
        Hometown of Gloversville, NY

        I picked up a slide a month ago of a Delaware Otsego Caboose. It's
        painted blue and yellow and has LASB marks.
        I posted the scan to the Delaware Otsego Yahoo group, but it was a
        mystery to all. Aaron Keller has rejoined the
        Fold and has told me that it is none other than FJG 3. It seems it was
        painted this color for its trip to Honesdale.
        I have posted the picture to the photo section of this Yahoo Group. Go
        check her out...

        Gino

        Gino DiCarlo
        Imaging

        > Quad/Imaging
        > A Division of Quad/Graphics

        Saratoga Springs, New York
        518-581-4276 phone
        gino.dicarlo@...

        Message 3 of 13 , May 10, 2006
          Welcome back Aaron!

          Message 4 of 13 , May 10, 2006
            BookAd.pdf

            BookOrderFormfromIndividual.htm

            The above links are to the flyer and the order form for a new book about the
            Delaware and Northern RR and its predecessor the Delaware and Eastern RR.
            This may be of interest to those of us interested in other short lines as
            well as the rails serving the Catskill Mountains. If that doesn't get you
            there eMail johnmham@... and ask about the book.

            Message 5 of 13 , May 10, 2006
              The links didn't make it Paul!  I'm interested in it!!!

              Gino

              On 5/10/06, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
                BookAd.pdf

                BookOrderFormfromIndividual.htm

              The above links are to the flyer and the order form for a new book about the
              Delaware and Northern RR and its predecessor the Delaware and Eastern RR.
              This may be of interest to those of us interested in other short lines as
              well as the rails serving the Catskill Mountains.  If that doesn't get you
              there eMail johnmham@... and ask about the book.

              Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
              http://www.lostlandmarks.org
              http://ny.existingstations.com/

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              --
              www.ginosrailpage.com
              www.fjgrr.org
              Message 6 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                I may have missed a post but where is the caboose now?

                Message 7 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                  Hi Joe,

                  Last I knew it was at a place called Marshall's Machinery just outside
                  Honesdale. It was there up until about 1998 or so. Last time I was in
                  Honesdale was about 3 or 4 years ago... and it had been moved.

                  Not sure where it went; and I haven't had the gumption to try tracking it
                  down again.

                  -Aaron
                • dsplittgerber1@nycap.rr.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                    Gino forget the link, Contact Depot Square Publishing. Great people
                    who treat you like a customer rather than a number. Great Prices and
                    Execptional service. It kills me that the UDRR List knows nothing
                    about this book but John at Depot Square has all the answers. Deano

                    > The links didn't make it Paul! I'm interested in it!!!
                    >
                    > Gino
                    >

                    > On 5/10/06, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > BookAd.pdf
                    > >
                    > > BookOrderFormfromIndividual.htm
                    > >
                    > > The above links are to the flyer and the order form for a new
                    > book about
                    > > the
                    > > Delaware and Northern RR and its predecessor the Delaware and
                    > Eastern RR.
                    > >
                    > > This may be of interest to those of us interested in other short
                    > lines as
                    > > well as the rails serving the Catskill Mountains. If that
                    > doesn't get you
                    > >
                    > > there eMail johnmham@... and ask about the book.
                    > >
                    > > PKL
                    > >

                    > > Visit The FJ&G Store At http://www.cafepress.com/fjgrr
                    > > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                    > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                    > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
                    > York State
                    > > at
                    > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

                    > > Business finance
                    > course<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Business+finance+course&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business+t
                    o+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Business+finance+consul
                    tant&w5=Business+finance+magazine&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6&s=185
                    &.sig=I8jDsORmsaYn0BeqghcJ2w> Business
                    > > to business
                    > finance<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Business+to+business+finance&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Busin
                    ess+to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Business+finance+c
                    onsultant&w5=Business+finance+magazine&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6&
                    s=185&.sig=fCzze7cxm1K7TVKkzAaOrA> Small
                    > > business
                    > finance<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Small+business+finance&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business+to
                    +business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Business+finance+consult
                    ant&w5=Business+finance+magazine&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6&s=185&
                    .sig=v9sWAno7Kz4WuL8Tadcdhw> Business
                    > > finance
                    > consultant<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Business+finance+consultant&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Busine
                    ss+to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Business+finance+co
                    nsultant&w5=Business+finance+magazine&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6&s
                    =185&.sig=d1xwT3WL0E6XBf6cAV5BXA> Business
                    > > finance
                    > magazine<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Business+finance+magazine&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business
                    +to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Business+finance+cons
                    ultant&w5=Business+finance+magazine&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6&s=1
                    85&.sig=qphRINaNuVm_6bwoQxgUmg> Business
                    > > finance
                    > schools<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Business+finance+schools&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business+
                    5&.sig=1RfnhYZpV99RKWRZzSH4gA>> ------------------------------

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 10, 2006

                      Drop a note to John at his eMail address. I'm confident he will send you
                      the forms and perhaps he can give you the correct links.

                      PKL

                    • andrewsfusco
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                        ---

                        Gino: Do you know what year that slide was
                        taken? I notice that that the angled drip
                        sills over the side windows are removed.
                        ---Andy Fusco

                      • Dean J. Splittgerber
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                          Plus Depot Square is printing the book for Ham. Deano

> [...]
                          ss+to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Business+finance+co
                          nsultant&w5=Business+finance+magazine&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6&s
                          =185&.sig=d1xwT3WL0E6XBf6cAV5BXA> Business
                          > > finance
                          > magazine<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                          t=ms&k=Business+finance+magazine&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business
                          +to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Business+finance+cons
                          ultant&w5=Business+finance+magazine&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6&s=1
                          85&.sig=qphRINaNuVm_6bwoQxgUmg> Business
                          > > finance
                          > schools<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                          t=ms&k=Business+finance+schools&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business+
                          to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Business+finance+consu
                          ltant&w5=Business+finance+magazine&w6=Business+finance+schools&c=6&s=18

                        • Gino DiCarlo
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                            I'll get the date!

                            Gino