I Vote Russo's

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2006
      If you have the meetings at Russo's, I'll be there in spirit. That's another bar that should be in the National Register of Historic Places. (My first pick was Glenn's in Gloversville). Back in my much much younger days, I used to hang in Russo's with my Amsterdam pals. Just recently I was telling my model railroad friends here what a good train watching location that was across the street from the NYC waterlevel route, in the glory days of the FA-1's, bringing the nation's commerce through our own Mohawk Valley. All I have to do here at home is shake my my beer glass a little and it's like being back the the bar with one of those 25 cent buckets (1962 price) and a freight passing. Also, for those of you of either political persuasion, or those of you in the middle and a little confused, Russo's is on Hillary's list of must stop for lunch locations on the NY campaign trail.
      Regards,
      Saul
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2006
        Message
        OK, that decides it!  Russo's is out!!!!  If Hillary's been there it's tainted!!!

        Actually, I wasn't thinking of a place to watch trains, but a place to talk
        the FJ&G and have a slide show.  I'm not sure Russo's is open to railroad
        slide presentations...

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2006
          The 25th is a no go for me as it's my Wedding
          Anniversary. If you want I'll still see if I can get
          the community room for that date, however.

          WRT Russo's, I don't believe they would be receptive
          to a slide show. I have been there twice during my
          long tenure in Amsterdam. Went there for dinner about
          10 years ago and it was terrible. Last summer we
          decided to try it again, for lunch one day. After
          waiting for 10 minutes at a table in the dining room
          they told us we had to move to the bar as there was
          supposed to be some big group coming in (only 6 of
          us). The stench in the bar section was so bad that it
          made several of us nausous and we got up and just
          left. Now I understand what happened...
          Jerry

          http://mail.yahoo.com