Re: [FJGRailroad] Railroads strive for fewer crossings collisions

  • choochoo1802@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2006
      Two of my friends at work were involved with that accident. I just put
      that train together the day before and handed it off to the road crew
      the night before. People in the area were saying there should be gates
      at that crossing and probably would have prevented it. I say bull!
      There are lights and bells there. Its just simply that drivers use
      misjudgement . That truck that was struck went around another truck and
      a school bus that was stopped there. The passenger in the truck was
      20yrs old and his first day on his new job. Gee,maybe they should put
      gates at intersections so automobiles wont go thru the stop lights! Mark
    • Gino DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2006
        Of course they'll say the only tragedy is the dead
        people in the truck. Nothing will be said about the
        two guys working in the locomotive!!! Maybe THEY
        should sue the deceased's family for mental anguish?

        Gino

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • choochoo1802@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2006
          I dont ever want to witness what those two guys saw in that incident.
          Very very sickening. Mark