3-step

  • Mike Clifford
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2006
      When I was with the evil empire(NS) out of Buffalo we had the 3-step
      but it was a carry over from CR. The NS guys weren't too fond of it as
      they didn't have the protection before they absorbed Big Blue and if I
      remember correctly only new hires and absorbed CR guys used the
      3-step( luckily I trained with 3 ex-CR guys). There was quite a bit
      of animosity between the 2 groups right after the buy out. It seemed
      that CR had quite a few more employee safety rules than the good 'ole
      boys had and their feeling was that the rules "slowed them down". My
      feeling was that the NS resented the CR guys for some reason.
      Mike
    • Stephen G. Myers
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2006
        CSX uses three step protection for transportation department. Mechanical
        department uses blue flag protection.

        Steve

      • choochoo1802@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2006
          I think you're right Mike,but I see it more in the white collar workers
          than the blue collar workers. Mark
        • choochoo1802@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2006
            Steve-Thats the same with us. Its in the NORAC rules.Mark