Re: [FJGRailroad] caboose

    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 16, 2006
      Hi Joe,

      On page 99 of the April 2006 Trains magazine there is an ad for 20 ex-CR
      NE-6 cabeese for sale... like these from Atlas only bigger and a tad
      more expensive:

      http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOFreightCars/hone6caboose/6306-1.jpg

      The price is $8500, and appear to be on their own trucks.

      "Located in PA,
      Trucking available,
      For more information
      phone (717) 426-4919"

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 16, 2006
        I talked to that guy. They all have friction bearing trucks. Conrail would
        not hanfdle them in interchange.

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 16, 2006
          Hi Joe,

          Conrail won't handle their own cabeese... hmm, maybe they are trying to
          tell you something!

          Click on this Google image search and you will see many cabeese for sale:

          http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=caboose%20for%20sale&btnG=Search&sa=N&tab=wi

          You would have to look at the photos or contact the people to see if
          they are still for sale or equipped with roller bearings, but it's a start.

          Paul :-)

          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 16, 2006
            Joe in reality it might be cheaper to truck it anyway. The railroads don't
            care to handle these kind of moves because they get in the way of the real
            money today.

            PKL

            >From: "joseph Klapkowski" <riverlinejoe@...>
            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] caboose
            >Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:49:34 +0000
            >
            >I talked to that guy. They all have friction bearing trucks. Conrail would
            >not hanfdle them in interchange.
            >

            > >From: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
            > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] caboose
            > >Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:17:04 -0500
            > >
            > >Hi Joe,
            > >
            > >On page 99 of the April 2006 Trains magazine there is an ad for 20 ex-CR
            > >NE-6 cabeese for sale... like these from Atlas only bigger and a tad
            > >more expensive:
            > >
            > >http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOFreightCars/hone6caboose/6306-1.jpg
            > >
            > >The price is $8500, and appear to be on their own trucks.
            > >
            > >"Located in PA,
            > >Trucking available,
            > >For more information
            > >phone (717) 426-4919"
            > >
            > >Paul :-)
            > >
            > >joseph Klapkowski wrote:
            > >
            > > > Anyone know where i might be able to find a caboose. Would prefer a
            >car
            > >on
            > > > an active rail line. Preferably with rollerbearings

          • oleroadslug
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 16, 2006
              Is the midwest to far to consider? Trucked, we got them.

              Wouldn't CP's asset management group be able to assist?

              Bob Schoneman
              Appleton, WI