Re: Destination sign for FJ&G 127 at OERM

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 1999
      That is a bus roll sign, not trolley. Note Crosstown, and the Steam
      stations.

      PKL

      >From: John Smatlak <jsmatlak@...>
      >To: JBSTREE <jbstree@...>, pklarner@..., Aaron Keller
      ><mgaj@...>, Leo Morelli <LeeDarshi@...>, "Vicki
      >Hill," <vicki@...>, Gary Siarkowski <jimwest@...>,
      > Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>, Chuck
      ><chuck222@...>, "Donald W. Gifford"
      ><DonGifford@...>, Bruce Mcfarlane <bemjwl@...>, Dan
      >Owens <DOwens@...>, FJG Railroad
      ><FJGRailroad@onelist.com>, "Dennis L. S" <dach@...>, AlModelRR
      ><AlModelRR@...>, "Michael Christie," <kc2apq@...>, deed
      ><deed19@...>, "peter ermie," <permie@...>, "Richard
      >Frederick," <rmfsib@...>, "jb," <jbstree@...>,
      >"Joe Lance," <joelance@...>, Leo <sacandaga@...>, "John
      >McLaughlin," <jackmcl6@...>, "Robert Morse,"
      ><WhiteWolf005@...>, "Carl Nellis," <nellisc@...>,
      > "Clay Owen," <fas_t_bird@...>, PerkDepot <PerkDepot@...>,
      > "psefton," <psefton@...>, "Thomas Quillan,"
      ><tomfloq@...>, "RickSimmons," <mrick@...>, sandal
      ><sandal@...>, "Ron Schur," <scmc@...>,
      >"John Sefton," <jcsefton@...>, "Charles P. Woolever"
      ><woolever@...>, GORDON SNOOK <GJTUCAZ@...>, RBrandt840
      ><RBrandt840@...>, "Aaron Keller (School)" <aakeller@...>,
      > Rogue9631 <rogue9631@...>, Terry Snell <snell1@...>,
      > Osufan1970 <Osufan1970@...>, stanleyb23@..., Gino And
      >Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
      >Subject: Destination sign for FJ&G 127 at OERM
      >Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 06:03:17 -0700
      >
      >Re: discussion group posting on FJ&G roll sign.
      >Thanks for the info. This is a fitting item to reunite with car 127 at OERM
      >and
      >I will try and purchase it.
      >-John Smatlak

    • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 19, 1999
        I figured it was a bus sign because it had Northville and
        Broadalbin on it. The Trolleys didn't go there. I wrote
        the seller at e-bay and he didn't have any clue about where
        it was from. Someone threw out there railroad collection
        and he had it...

        --
        Gino DiCarlo

        http://www.capital.net/users/~dicarlos

        ----------
        LeeDarshi@..., vicki@..., jimwest@...,
        p.charlie@..., chuck222@..., DonGifford@...,
        bemjwl@..., DOwens@..., FJGRailroad@onelist.com,
        dach@..., AlModelRR@..., kc2apq@..., deed19@...,
        permie@..., rmfsib@..., jbstree@...,
        joelance@..., sacandaga@..., jackmcl6@...,
        WhiteWolf005@..., nellisc@..., fas_t_bird@...,
        PerkDepot@..., psefton@..., tomfloq@...,
        mrick@..., sandal@..., scmc@...,
        jcsefton@..., woolever@..., GJTUCAZ@...,
        RBrandt840@..., aakeller@..., rogue9631@...,
        snell1@..., Osufan1970@..., stanleyb23@...,
        dicarlos@...

      • Stanleyb23@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 19, 1999
          In a message dated 9/20/99 00:22:38 Eastern Daylight Time,
          dicarlos@... writes:

          << I figured it was a bus sign because it had Northville and
          Broadalbin on it. The Trolleys didn't go there. I wrote
          the seller at e-bay and he didn't have any clue about where
          it was from. Someone threw out there railroad collection
          and he had it... >>

          Yes, but...
          Isn't 40 inches too narrow for a bus front sign roll and too wide for a side
          sign?
          To the best of my recollection, both the prewar Yellow coach/GM buses and the
          postwar Mack buses used on the Schenectady-Gloversville run had a single sign
          roll in the front, which was more than 40 inches wide. The 40 inch width
          would be about right for the Bullet cars, which had the sign roll in the
          upper part of the right-hand windshield. I know, I wondered about the
          presence of the destination "GARAGE" on the roll. My experience with the
          FJ&G is entirely with the Schenectady end of the Electric division. I
          remember seeing the Bullet cars as a small child and then later on I remember
          seeing the buses on the loop at Crescent Park, which was the same loopthe
          trolleys turned at.

          -stan
        • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 20, 1999
            Stanley,

            Is Cresent Park in Schenectady right in front of SCCC, across from
            the YMCA and near the Greyhound station?

            Visit Gino's RailPage...
            Home of The F.J.G.R.R.
            http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos

            Join the FJG discussion list at ONELIST...
            http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/FJGRailroad/

            ----------

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 20, 1999
              In a message dated 9/20/99 14:09:42 Eastern Daylight Time,
              dicarlos@... writes:

              << anley,

              Is Cresent Park in Schenectady right in front of SCCC, across from
              the YMCA and near the Greyhound station? >>

              No, Crescent Park is across from the Proctor's theater on State Street. The
              FJ&G "loop" was around Crescent Park, with the car laying over at the top,
              next to the Armory and almost opposite the end of Nott Terrace.

              -stan
            • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 22, 1999
                Now I know what you're talking talking about. Right at the top
                of State Street hill. The start of downtown Schenectady. I didn't
                think that the FJG went that far into the city of Schenectady...

                Visit Gino's RailPage...
                Home of The F.J.G.R.R.