Re: January Meeting

  • oleroadslug
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 30, 2006
      Here I am 1000 miles away and throwing a wrench into the works.

      Just a thought:

      I don't remember names all that well anymore, but I could drive to it
      now in a heartbeat.

      In Fonda, downtown, on Highway 5s heading north on the right hand side
      of the road (Within a mile of the Mansion and the County Highway Dept )
      there is a pizza place were a bunch of railfans and I used to meet,
      eat and catch the CONRAIL (auugh!). You would have to look out over
      the long gone FJ&G yard and lead to see these trains, to be
      politically correct.

      Just a thought. How far off am I?

      Bob Schoneman
      Appleton, WI
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 30, 2006
        Last time I looked, and it has been a while, that pizzza joint was still
        there. Sort of overlooked the fairgrounds too.

      • SheilaDanylak@aol.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 31, 2006
          looking in the yellow pages for a pizza place that over looks the fairgrounds I found a place called "Mikes Pizza"  at 46 E Main St  in Fonda  the phone number is 518-853-4014
                                                                                                          Sheila
        • Gerald Snyder
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 20 6:51 PM
            Sorry guys - I've been spectacularly unsuccessful in
            finding a spot in Amsterdam for a meeting. Everything
            closes up by 6:00 PM and the couple of places that
            used to have community rooms that our computer group
            used haven't responded to my requests. Guess we could
            always go to the Crystal Bar for a pizza and hang
            around until they tossed us out! I'll keep looking
            but nothing here this month.
            Sorry.
            Jerry

            --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>
            wrote:

            > How about a Friday night once in twelve. then i
            > could make it.
            >

            > >From: "charlesvosburgh" <crvosburgh@...>
            > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] January Meeting
            > >Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:24:21 -0000
            > >
            > >We had two people at the meeting, Jerry and me. We
            > talked with the
            > >library staff and they said the library is under
            > new management but we
            > >could still meet there as we have. We talked about
            > moving meeting to
            > >a different night and a different site, Amsterdam
            > as one site. Jerry
            > >was going to see what was available. Maybe we can
            > avoid some of the
            > >conflicts of some of our members and their
            > schedules. Any thoughts?
            > >Also we decided to spend some of Paul Lerner's
            > money and buy F J & G #
            > >30 and bring it back home. Thanks Paul!
            > >Charlie

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Charles Vosburgh
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 21 5:44 AM
              Jerry; Are you going to the meeting Wednesday?  I have to stop for calling hours in Johnstown first but I will be there if you are.  Sorry you didn't have any luck with finding a place to meet.  Charlie.

              wrote:

              > How about a Friday night once in twelve. then i
              > could make it.
              >

              > >From: "charlesvosburgh" <crvosburgh@...>
              > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] January Meeting
              > >Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:24:21 -0000
              > >
              > >We had two people at the meeting, Jerry and me.  We
              > talked with the
              > >library staff and they said the library is under
              > new management but we
              > >could still meet there as we have.  We talked about
              > moving meeting to
              > >a different night and a different site, Amsterdam
              > as one site.  Jerry
              > >was going to see what was available.  Maybe we can
              > avoid some of the
              > >conflicts of some of our members and their
              > schedules. Any thoughts?
              > >Also we decided to spend some of Paul Lerner's
              > money and buy F J & G #
              > >30 and bring it back home.  Thanks Paul!
              > >Charlie

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Gerald Snyder
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 21 7:15 PM
                Charlie,
                Doubt that I'll be able to make it Wednesday. Slim
                chance that I'd be able to get there before 8:30, and
                that's pretty late to try to get started. Better to
                shoot for March and I'll keep looking for a place
                around here in the meantime.
                Jerry

                http://mail.yahoo.com