RE: [FJGRailroad] January Meeting

    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 29, 2006
      Yeah, I like the Amsterdam idea and a change of night! See if you can
      come
      Up with something Jerry!

      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 30, 2006
        Here I am 1000 miles away and throwing a wrench into the works.

        Just a thought:

        I don't remember names all that well anymore, but I could drive to it
        now in a heartbeat.

        In Fonda, downtown, on Highway 5s heading north on the right hand side
        of the road (Within a mile of the Mansion and the County Highway Dept )
        there is a pizza place were a bunch of railfans and I used to meet,
        eat and catch the CONRAIL (auugh!). You would have to look out over
        the long gone FJ&G yard and lead to see these trains, to be
        politically correct.

        Just a thought. How far off am I?

        Bob Schoneman
        Appleton, WI
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 30, 2006
          Last time I looked, and it has been a while, that pizzza joint was still
          there. Sort of overlooked the fairgrounds too.

        • SheilaDanylak@aol.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 31, 2006
            looking in the yellow pages for a pizza place that over looks the fairgrounds I found a place called "Mikes Pizza"  at 46 E Main St  in Fonda  the phone number is 518-853-4014
                                                                                                            Sheila
          • Gerald Snyder
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 20, 2006
              Sorry guys - I've been spectacularly unsuccessful in
              finding a spot in Amsterdam for a meeting. Everything
              closes up by 6:00 PM and the couple of places that
              used to have community rooms that our computer group
              used haven't responded to my requests. Guess we could
              always go to the Crystal Bar for a pizza and hang
              around until they tossed us out! I'll keep looking
              but nothing here this month.
              Sorry.
              Jerry

              --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>
              wrote:

              > How about a Friday night once in twelve. then i
              > could make it.
              >

              > >From: "charlesvosburgh" <crvosburgh@...>
              > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] January Meeting
              > >Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:24:21 -0000
              > >
              > >We had two people at the meeting, Jerry and me. We
              > talked with the
              > >library staff and they said the library is under
              > new management but we
              > >could still meet there as we have. We talked about
              > moving meeting to
              > >a different night and a different site, Amsterdam
              > as one site. Jerry
              > >was going to see what was available. Maybe we can
              > avoid some of the
              > >conflicts of some of our members and their
              > schedules. Any thoughts?
              > >Also we decided to spend some of Paul Lerner's
              > money and buy F J & G #
              > >30 and bring it back home. Thanks Paul!
              > >Charlie

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Charles Vosburgh
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 21, 2006
                Jerry; Are you going to the meeting Wednesday?  I have to stop for calling hours in Johnstown first but I will be there if you are.  Sorry you didn't have any luck with finding a place to meet.  Charlie.

                wrote:

                > How about a Friday night once in twelve. then i
                > could make it.
                >

                > >From: "charlesvosburgh" <crvosburgh@...>
                > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] January Meeting
                > >Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:24:21 -0000
                > >
                > >We had two people at the meeting, Jerry and me.  We
                > talked with the
                > >library staff and they said the library is under
                > new management but we
                > >could still meet there as we have.  We talked about
                > moving meeting to
                > >a different night and a different site, Amsterdam
                > as one site.  Jerry
                > >was going to see what was available.  Maybe we can
                > avoid some of the
                > >conflicts of some of our members and their
                > schedules. Any thoughts?
                > >Also we decided to spend some of Paul Lerner's
                > money and buy F J & G #
                > >30 and bring it back home.  Thanks Paul!
                > >Charlie

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Gerald Snyder
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 21, 2006
                  Charlie,
                  Doubt that I'll be able to make it Wednesday. Slim
                  chance that I'd be able to get there before 8:30, and
                  that's pretty late to try to get started. Better to
                  shoot for March and I'll keep looking for a place
                  around here in the meantime.
                  Jerry

                  http://mail.yahoo.com