Knox Building

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2006
      When the group did our walking tour at the 2004 gathering, we stopped at the building and spoke to a gentleman who was one of the  partners of the leather company. One thing I remember him saying was that the old building was very expensive to maintain. The basic structure will stand for the ages, but it's the plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling, that give out. Not to mention the possbiility of asbestos contamination.

      Also, while on the subject of dinosaurs, what is the status of the GEM Furniture complex in Broadalbin? I read in the LH that burst pipes in the unheated main building caused a serious pressure drop in the village water supply. I'd guess the prognosis for future use is not good.
      Saul