Re: [FJGRailroad] Fwd: Railroaded in Cooperstown a True Story

  • Gino DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2006
      Charles,

      I finally saw the Cushing Stone critter! It looks
      great. I'd love to have one in N-Scale. That would
      be micoscopic. I also see that they had one available
      in Buffalo Slag paint.
      That's neat that both paint jobs are available for the
      little Cranesville engine.

      By the way, any info on what's going on with her?

      Gino

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Gino DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 16, 2006
        Joe,

        Someone told me that this is CERTAINLY a true story.
        If someone isn't familiar, I guess there was a
        crossing accident on the NYSW back in the 1980s. I
        think it was near Norwich. I guess the train was
        going over the speed limit and killed some people in a
        pick-up truck.

        The rest of the story goes that Walter Rich told the
        investigating railroad cop to say that the speed limit
        was observed and this cop refused to lie. The story
        goes from there.

        Gino

        --- joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>

        <http://www.railroadedincooperstown.com/pages/excerpts.htm>

        > >Contact
        > >Us <dmckay1@...> Order
        >
        >Book<http://www.railroadedincooperstown.com/pages/order.htm>
        > >Copyright(c)
        > >2006 D.K. Butler. All rights reserved.
        > >Contact Us <dmckay1@...>
        > >

        > >--
        > >Gino DiCarlo
        > >gino.dicarlo@...
        > >
        > >--
        > >www.ginosrailpage.com
        > >www.fjgrr.org

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Charles Vosburgh
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 17, 2006
          Gino;  I talked with Jim Loucks, the salesman for Cushing last week.  He wants to see this model so when I see him again, I will ask.  As I said before, there is a posibility of it being moved to Cobleskill Stone at Howe Caves as told to me by Shane Strong, salesman for them. They are owned by the same company.  He wants to see the model too. Soon as I hear more, I will pass it along.  Charlie

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • choochoo1802@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 17, 2006
            I remember that incident like it happen yesterday.Mark
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 17, 2006
              What exactly happened Mark? Did a couple people die in a crash with
              the train? This was like 1982, right? Were you working for the NYSW
              or FJG then?

              Gino

              --
              www.ginosrailpage.com