N.J. Transit Drops Proposed Photo Ban

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2006
      Associated Press
      N.J. Transit Drops Proposed Photo Ban
      01.14.2006, 10:16 PM

      New Jersey Transit has given up on a proposal to restrict amateur
      photographers from taking pictures of trains.

      Transit officials said the proposed anti-terrorism measure, which
      would have required photographers to get an identification card and
      call railroad police 24 hours before taking photos, was not
      well-received by the public.

      "Effective immediately, we will return to our historic practice, which
      enables hobbyists and other noncommercial photographers to take
      pictures in public areas," Executive Director George D. Warrington
      said in a Dec. 30 letter to opponents.

      A proposal to ban cameras in New York City subways was dropped by
      police and transit officials last year.

      Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
      may not be published broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

      --
      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org