An Awesome Day In So Many Ways

  • phildanylak
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2005
      A sincere thank you to all who were able to join us yesterday
      (Saturday 10/15) for a tribute to my brother Walt.

      The weather was merciful ,the people were consoling and the food was
      many of my brothers favorites.
      A special thank you to my wife Sheila who helped me pull it all
      together.
      The cake with # 21 was an incredible computer photo , The the flower
      arrangement was #8 a 4-4-0 steamer with a ringing bell... amazing..
      The food many of Walts favorites was quite the spread.(his favorite
      was hot dogs) it was to windy for the grill.
      It was such a delight to see so many from the group and from his
      Gloversville class of 1961 have such a wonderful time in reminicising
      and paying tribute to such a loved man.....It encouraged us greatly
      to have such a wonderful time of fellowship.
      We concluded the day by taking a walk to Denny's Crossing via the
      rail trail as it turned out to be an Indian summer like day which was
      one of Walts favorite seasons.
      I also want to thank Gino DiCarlo for all of his help in getting the
      word out . He is an amazing asset to the memory of the Fj&G Railroad
      one can tell just by listening to him of his sincere passion to keep
      alive this small railroad which was my brothers sole passion.

      I could not come close to the knowledge my brother had however I do
      share the same love and passion. I have made a decision to try and
      pick up the mantle in his place as best I am able.
      There is nothing more he would have wanted ...
      Perhaps that is one of the reasons I still seek to find of why after
      surviving Hurricane's Frances and Jeanne in Vero Beach Florida We
      felt very strongly about moving back to this area one year ago to
      the day.... Oct 15,2004 to what turned into his Memorial Service
      Oct 15,2005 . I will NEVER forget that date Thank you again to all
      who truly did make it a Memorial service. The day truly brought
      great joy at 68.E State Street Gloversville NY the family home.

      Phil (Walts youngest brother)