[FJGRailroad] Walt Danylak Memorial

  • Stephen G. Myers
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
      I will second that. People are sad and hurt at the loss of a fine member
      of their family and good friend of railroad buffs, along with the FJ&G.
      We all miss Walt and do not want to tarnish his friendly image with
      bickering. We all send our deepest sympathy to the Danylak family, you
      are in our prayers.

      We all have had years of fun on this chat room talking about the FJ&G,
      model railroading, and train watching in general, let's not ruin that.

      As for Gino, he is a fine man and has always been honest and square with
      me. I hope people will look at any sudden differences as just a simple
      misunderstanding in this emotional time.

      Steve Myers
      Buffalo, New York

      .
      On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:39:48 -0700 (PDT) Gerald Snyder
      <handyman756@...> writes:
      > Gino,
      > Sounds like somebody's way off base here and is
      > blaming you for being the messenger. Just to set
      > things straight, let's make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that
      > this memorial WAS NOT PLANNED, ORGANIZED, OR SCHEDULED
      > BY THE FJ&G HISTORICAL GROUP. As with you, I planned
      > to attend in honor of Walt's memory, particularly as I
      > was unable to get to the wake. Too bad when you try
      > to do something decent by letting the rest of us know
      > the information which you have been provided only to
      > find yourself the target of such a nasty, sarcastic,
      > uninformed attack.
      > Jerry
      >
      > --- Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Sorry,
      > > I'm just passing along info I got from Shelia and
      > > Phil Danylak. I have
      > > nothing to do
      > > with the planning of this. I assumed this was done
      > > on behalf of Walt's
      > > family. I just planned on attending.
      > > Gino
      > > (Totally clueless as to what's going on here!)
      > >
      > > On 10/5/05, waltdanylak@...
      > > <waltdanylak@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > It would have been nice if all the family were
      > > notified and to also
      > > > included "Bill" financee in the gathering. We knew
      > > nothing about this
      > > > and have very mixed feelings about your action in
      > > saying that the
      > > > family plans have been finalized! John and Barbara
      > > are not available
      > > > for that weekend and Marilyn is also unavailable
      > > that weekend. I hope
      > > > you enjoy yourself and remember Bill as a family
      > > man, and that includes
      > > > all the family!
      > > >
      > > > Barbara Danylak

      > > October, the family
      > > Plan on meeting at
      > > a memorial walk down
      > > far as you'd like.
      > > problem. There will be
      > > questions, please write

      > > from the group to
      > > get to. One block

      > > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
      > > > http://www.ginosrailpage.com and http://fjgrr.org
      > > > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      > > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
      > > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad
      > > Stations in New York State
      > > > at
      > > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

      > > email to: