Re: [FJGRailroad] Walt Danylak Memorial

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
      Sorry,

      I'm just passing along info I got from Shelia and Phil Danylak.  I have nothing to do
      with the planning of this. I assumed this was done on behalf of Walt's family.   I just planned on attending.

      Gino
      (Totally clueless as to what's going on here!)

      On 10/5/05, waltdanylak@... <waltdanylak@...> wrote:
      It would have been nice if all the family were notified and to also
      included "Bill" financee in the gathering.  We knew nothing about this
      and have very mixed feelings about your action in saying that the
      family plans have been finalized!  John and Barbara are not available
      for that weekend and Marilyn is also unavailable that weekend.  I hope
      you enjoy yourself and remember Bill as a family man, and that includes
      all the family!

      Barbara Danylak

      Quoting "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@... >:

      > Plans have been finalized.  Saturday the 15th of October, the family
      > of
      > Walter "Bill" Danylak
      > Will be holding a memorial walk in Gloversville.  Plan on meeting at
      > the
      > Danylak Family home at
      > 68 East State Street at 1:30 pm for food and for a memorial walk down
      > the FJ&G Rail Train.
      > There is no certain length to the walk, walk as far as you'd like.
      > The
      > plan is to walk to Dennies
      > Crossing and back, but if it's too much, no problem.  There will be
      > hot
      > and cold food and drinks
      > For a picnic at the Danylak household.  Any questions, please write
      > me
      > at fjgrailroad@....
      >
      > It would be neat for as many people as possible from the group to
      > attend.  Bring the kids, friends,
      > whoever you want.  68 East State is very easy to get to.  One block
      > up
      > from the hospital
      > And about 3 blocks from Route 30A.
      >
      > Gino
      >

      > Gino DiCarlo
      > Imaging
      >
      > > Quad/Imaging
      > > A Division of Quad/Graphics
      > >
      > Saratoga Springs, New York
      > gino.dicarlo@...
      > > www.QG.com

      Visit Gino's Railpage at
      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      http://www.lostlandmarks.org
      http://ny.existingstations.com/

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      --
      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
        Gino,
        Sounds like somebody's way off base here and is
        blaming you for being the messenger. Just to set
        things straight, let's make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that
        this memorial WAS NOT PLANNED, ORGANIZED, OR SCHEDULED
        BY THE FJ&G HISTORICAL GROUP. As with you, I planned
        to attend in honor of Walt's memory, particularly as I
        was unable to get to the wake. Too bad when you try
        to do something decent by letting the rest of us know
        the information which you have been provided only to
        find yourself the target of such a nasty, sarcastic,
        uninformed attack.
        Jerry

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Stephen G. Myers
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
          I will second that. People are sad and hurt at the loss of a fine member
          of their family and good friend of railroad buffs, along with the FJ&G.
          We all miss Walt and do not want to tarnish his friendly image with
          bickering. We all send our deepest sympathy to the Danylak family, you
          are in our prayers.

          We all have had years of fun on this chat room talking about the FJ&G,
          model railroading, and train watching in general, let's not ruin that.

          As for Gino, he is a fine man and has always been honest and square with
          me. I hope people will look at any sudden differences as just a simple
          misunderstanding in this emotional time.

          Steve Myers
          Buffalo, New York

          .
          On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:39:48 -0700 (PDT) Gerald Snyder
          <handyman756@...> writes:
          > Gino,
          > Sounds like somebody's way off base here and is
          > blaming you for being the messenger. Just to set
          > things straight, let's make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that
          > this memorial WAS NOT PLANNED, ORGANIZED, OR SCHEDULED
          > BY THE FJ&G HISTORICAL GROUP. As with you, I planned
          > to attend in honor of Walt's memory, particularly as I
          > was unable to get to the wake. Too bad when you try
          > to do something decent by letting the rest of us know
          > the information which you have been provided only to
          > find yourself the target of such a nasty, sarcastic,
          > uninformed attack.
          > Jerry
          >
          > --- Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Sorry,
          > > I'm just passing along info I got from Shelia and
          > > Phil Danylak. I have
          > > nothing to do
          > > with the planning of this. I assumed this was done
          > > on behalf of Walt's
          > > family. I just planned on attending.
          > > Gino
          > > (Totally clueless as to what's going on here!)
          > >
          > > On 10/5/05, waltdanylak@...
          > > <waltdanylak@...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > It would have been nice if all the family were
          > > notified and to also
          > > > included "Bill" financee in the gathering. We knew
          > > nothing about this
          > > > and have very mixed feelings about your action in
          > > saying that the
          > > > family plans have been finalized! John and Barbara
          > > are not available
          > > > for that weekend and Marilyn is also unavailable
          > > that weekend. I hope
          > > > you enjoy yourself and remember Bill as a family
          > > man, and that includes
          > > > all the family!
          > > >
          > > > Barbara Danylak

          > > October, the family
          > > Plan on meeting at
          > > a memorial walk down
          > > far as you'd like.
          > > problem. There will be
          > > questions, please write

          > > from the group to
          > > get to. One block

          > > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
          > > > http://www.ginosrailpage.com and http://fjgrr.org
          > > > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          > > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
          > > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad
          > > Stations in New York State
          > > > at
          > > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

          > > email to: