Walt Danylak Memorial

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
      Walt Danylak Memorial

      Plans have been finalized.  Saturday the 15th of October, the family of Walter "Bill" Danylak
      Will be holding a memorial walk in Gloversville.  Plan on meeting at the Danylak Family home at
      68 East State Street at 1:30 pm for food and for a memorial walk down the FJ&G Rail Train.
      There is no certain length to the walk, walk as far as you'd like.  The plan is to walk to Dennies
      Crossing and back, but if it's too much, no problem.  There will be hot and cold food and drinks
      For a picnic at the Danylak household.  Any questions, please write me at fjgrailroad@....

      It would be neat for as many people as possible from the group to attend.  Bring the kids, friends,
      whoever you want.  68 East State is very easy to get to.  One block up from the hospital
      And about 3 blocks from Route 30A.

      Gino

      Gino DiCarlo
      Imaging

      Quad/Imaging
      A Division of Quad/Graphics

      Saratoga Springs, New York
      gino.dicarlo@...
      www.QG.com

    • waltdanylak@citlink.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
        It would have been nice if all the family were notified and to also
        included "Bill" financee in the gathering. We knew nothing about this
        and have very mixed feelings about your action in saying that the
        family plans have been finalized! John and Barbara are not available
        for that weekend and Marilyn is also unavailable that weekend. I hope
        you enjoy yourself and remember Bill as a family man, and that includes
        all the family!

        Barbara Danylak

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
          Sorry,

          I'm just passing along info I got from Shelia and Phil Danylak.  I have nothing to do
          with the planning of this. I assumed this was done on behalf of Walt's family.   I just planned on attending.

          Gino
          (Totally clueless as to what's going on here!)

          On 10/5/05, waltdanylak@... <waltdanylak@...> wrote:
          It would have been nice if all the family were notified and to also
          included "Bill" financee in the gathering.  We knew nothing about this
          and have very mixed feelings about your action in saying that the
          family plans have been finalized!  John and Barbara are not available
          for that weekend and Marilyn is also unavailable that weekend.  I hope
          you enjoy yourself and remember Bill as a family man, and that includes
          all the family!

          Barbara Danylak

          Quoting "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@... >:

          > Plans have been finalized.  Saturday the 15th of October, the family
          > of
          > Walter "Bill" Danylak
          > Will be holding a memorial walk in Gloversville.  Plan on meeting at
          > the
          > Danylak Family home at
          > 68 East State Street at 1:30 pm for food and for a memorial walk down
          > the FJ&G Rail Train.
          > There is no certain length to the walk, walk as far as you'd like.
          > The
          > plan is to walk to Dennies
          > Crossing and back, but if it's too much, no problem.  There will be
          > hot
          > and cold food and drinks
          > For a picnic at the Danylak household.  Any questions, please write
          > me
          > at fjgrailroad@....
          >
          > It would be neat for as many people as possible from the group to
          > attend.  Bring the kids, friends,
          > whoever you want.  68 East State is very easy to get to.  One block
          > up
          > from the hospital
          > And about 3 blocks from Route 30A.
          >
          > Gino
          >

          > Gino DiCarlo
          > Imaging
          >
          > > Quad/Imaging
          > > A Division of Quad/Graphics
          > >
          > Saratoga Springs, New York
          > gino.dicarlo@...
          > > www.QG.com

          Visit Gino's Railpage at
          Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          http://www.lostlandmarks.org
          http://ny.existingstations.com/

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          --
          www.ginosrailpage.com
          www.fjgrr.org
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
            Gino,
            Sounds like somebody's way off base here and is
            blaming you for being the messenger. Just to set
            things straight, let's make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that
            this memorial WAS NOT PLANNED, ORGANIZED, OR SCHEDULED
            BY THE FJ&G HISTORICAL GROUP. As with you, I planned
            to attend in honor of Walt's memory, particularly as I
            was unable to get to the wake. Too bad when you try
            to do something decent by letting the rest of us know
            the information which you have been provided only to
            find yourself the target of such a nasty, sarcastic,
            uninformed attack.
            Jerry

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Stephen G. Myers
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
              I will second that. People are sad and hurt at the loss of a fine member
              of their family and good friend of railroad buffs, along with the FJ&G.
              We all miss Walt and do not want to tarnish his friendly image with
              bickering. We all send our deepest sympathy to the Danylak family, you
              are in our prayers.

              We all have had years of fun on this chat room talking about the FJ&G,
              model railroading, and train watching in general, let's not ruin that.

              As for Gino, he is a fine man and has always been honest and square with
              me. I hope people will look at any sudden differences as just a simple
              misunderstanding in this emotional time.

              Steve Myers
              Buffalo, New York

              .
              On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:39:48 -0700 (PDT) Gerald Snyder
              <handyman756@...> writes:
              > Gino,
              > Sounds like somebody's way off base here and is
              > blaming you for being the messenger. Just to set
              > things straight, let's make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that
              > this memorial WAS NOT PLANNED, ORGANIZED, OR SCHEDULED
              > BY THE FJ&G HISTORICAL GROUP. As with you, I planned
              > to attend in honor of Walt's memory, particularly as I
              > was unable to get to the wake. Too bad when you try
              > to do something decent by letting the rest of us know
              > the information which you have been provided only to
              > find yourself the target of such a nasty, sarcastic,
              > uninformed attack.
              > Jerry
              >
              > --- Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Sorry,
              > > I'm just passing along info I got from Shelia and
              > > Phil Danylak. I have
              > > nothing to do
              > > with the planning of this. I assumed this was done
              > > on behalf of Walt's
              > > family. I just planned on attending.
              > > Gino
              > > (Totally clueless as to what's going on here!)
              > >
              > > On 10/5/05, waltdanylak@...
              > > <waltdanylak@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > It would have been nice if all the family were
              > > notified and to also
              > > > included "Bill" financee in the gathering. We knew
              > > nothing about this
              > > > and have very mixed feelings about your action in
              > > saying that the
              > > > family plans have been finalized! John and Barbara
              > > are not available
              > > > for that weekend and Marilyn is also unavailable
              > > that weekend. I hope
              > > > you enjoy yourself and remember Bill as a family
              > > man, and that includes
              > > > all the family!
              > > >
              > > > Barbara Danylak

              > > October, the family
              > > Plan on meeting at
              > > a memorial walk down
              > > far as you'd like.
              > > problem. There will be
              > > questions, please write

              > > from the group to
              > > get to. One block

              > > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
              > > > http://www.ginosrailpage.com and http://fjgrr.org
              > > > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
              > > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
              > > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad
              > > Stations in New York State
              > > > at
              > > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

              > > email to: