Re: [FJGRailroad] John Johns Company

  • Richard Finn
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
      It was still there on August 4th, though in somewhat bad condition.  It is for sale or lease.

      If my memory serves, I believe that part of it, perhaps only the boiler room, is of concrete block or brick construction.  The main building and skin drying shed are of wooden construction painted maroon.

      You are right Saul; it is a very interesting building to model.

      Dick

      On Sep 29, 2005, at 12:16 PM, Saul Kalbfeld wrote:

      A long time ago in the lost kingdom, there was a company named John Johns This was a tanning/processing company on West Fulton St. in Gloversville out near the border with Meco. One of their most interesting buildings was some kind of a skin drying building that was over a creek. Does anyone have any recollection of that building and be able to offer any details. Even though I am not modeling the FJG, that building sticks in my mind as a possible modeling subject. The walls were just open slats so you could see inside and see the hanging skins.

      Regards to all,
      Saul

      Visit Gino's Railpage at
      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      http://www.lostlandmarks.org
      http://ny.existingstations.com/

      Business finance ukBusiness finance courseBusiness finance online course
      Business finance classSmall business financeBusiness finance small software

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS