RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Walt

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 21, 2005
      Well said Andy! So glad you could make it. Paul Larner, Charlie
      Vosburg
      And myself attended the early calling hours and like you said, it was
      A tribute to the FJ&G and to Walt. His family couldn't express how much
      Our group of people really meant a lot to Walt. Like you said, it
      rekindled
      His passion in the FJ&G. I've been forwarded the groups messages to
      Walt's
      Family and they all appreciate the nice things that have been said here
      About Walt!

      #8 with tender in black mums. It was the
      centerpiece of the flowers. Walt was flanked
      by a table, at left, with a color metal etching
      of #9 with passenger consist at the G-ville
      station, and an enlargement of a roster shot of
      #21 that Walt had taken; plus, at right, a
      computer screen of this group's homepage asking for
      donations in lieu of flowers to www.
      fjgrr.org.

      The photo array in the hallway had numerous
      pictures of Walt, plus the builder's photo
      of #20 and two color snapshots of #21 which
      Walt had taken. All and all, very cool.

      As an aside, allow me to relate just how much
      it meant to Walt to be part of this group. He
      had been very burned by how his attempt to
      organize an FJG preservation group in the late
      '80s had turned out. No point in going into
      details here, but it was a bad deal and, for awhile,
      Walt actually stopped going to train shows, hanging
      more with his S gauge friends instead, because of the
      FJ&G fallout, than to go to public shows. This
      group gave him a second wind, a renewed spirit.
      You guys really meant a ton to him.

      A lot of us know much about the FJ&G. But there
      are precious few real experts. And now we've
      lost one. God bless you Walt.---Andy