Walt Danyluk Obituary

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19 12:11 PM
      Walter W. 'Bill' Danylak, Jr.

      Walter W. "Bill" Danylak, Jr., 61, of Syracuse, died Saturday at University
      Hospital. A native of Gloversville, he graduated from Gloversville High
      School in 1961 and served on the USS Columbus with the Navy during the
      Vietnam War. He was employed by General Electric in Syracuse and by Tandy
      Corp. in Syracuse and Albany as a computer service technician. He was a
      member of and historian for the FJ&G Railroad Historical Society. Also, he
      belonged to the Toy Train Collectors Society and American Flyers.

      Surviving are his fianc�e, Marilyn Sherman; four brothers, John (Barb)
      Danylak of East Nassau, Timothy Danylak of Gloversville, Dennis (Barb)
      Danylak of Chicago, Phillip (Sheila) Danylak of Johnstown; a stepson,
      William Orr of Alabama; several step-grandchildren; and several nieces and
      nephews.

      Funeral services will be Wednesday, at 11:00 a.m. at Fergerson Funeral Home
      with burial following in Assumption Cemetery. Calling Hours will be Tuesday
      from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the funeral home, 215 South Main
      Street, North Syracuse.
      Donations may be made to the FJ&G Railroad Historical Society, www.fjgrr.org
      or to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, CNY Chapter, 401 North Salina St.,
      Syracuse 13203-1770.

      Memorial messages may be left at www.FergersonFuneralHome.com.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19 6:01 PM
        Further on this notice, I have the following of importance to all us
        interested in keeping the FJ&G alive.

        As a memorial to Walt, his family is offering an opportunity for those
        wishing to keep the memory of the FJ&G open and available to the public.

        Donations in lieu of flowers may be made in memory of Walter W. Danylak, Jr.
        to FMCC (Fulton-Montgomery Community College) to organize and preserve the
        large archive of David F. Nestle's Fonda, Johnstown and Gloversville
        Railroad photographs and research materials held by the Dorn Room of the
        Evans Library.

        For more information contact Bill Easterly at - FMCC.develop@...
        Phone:
        518-762-4651 ext. 3700

        No need to belabor the worthiness of this action, all of us knew Walt and
        many of us were encouraged in our love of the FJ&G by Dave.

        PKL